Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I Crashed, My Fault -- BUT???

I dont lose any sleep over crashed planes but just wondering if this has happened to anyone. The deceased plane is just a homemade foam 20" 2 oz with brushless motor. I flew the deceased plane in the morning followed by a couple of other planes. Later in the afternoon I went back and flew the deceased plane. I hand launched it and when I got my right hand back on the sticks I pulled full up to do a loop 10 feet off the ground. I know, mistake number one - let it get some altitude first, but I have been flying for 30 years. Anyway instead of doing an inside loop it did an outside loop and was heading right back at me, I cut the throttle and it crashed into pavement 3 feet in front of my toes. I know, mistake number 2 - check controls every flight. Somehow the elevator got reversed in the DX6i for that model. I did not change the setting. I remember this happening a couple of times before where before lauching a plane I noticed that ailerons were mysteriously reversed. Is my TX haunted or is this common with the Spektrum radios?

ailsa

Your TX is haunted, send it back to Horizon for one of the new un haunted models Wink

I've had the timer change from down timer to up timer with my DX6i. But this only seems to happen if you turn it off with out re-setting the timer first.

I've never had a control surface go reversed on me that sounds scary. I have in the past, with my old JR flown a model with the wrong model memory. The results of this were not good
so now every flight I check every surface for direction being correct before I fly.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I have a student whos radio keeps reversing its flight timer from down time to up time, his DX6i has also reversed the rudder on 3 occassions each time it has done it it has been on the same model.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(13-10-2011, 06:31 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I have a student whos radio keeps reversing its flight timer from down time to up time, his DX6i has also reversed the rudder on 3 occassions each time it has done it it has been on the same model.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Jason
Why do you keep quoting me and then not responding.
See above Post #5 as well as a post on "Flying this Week" Post # 456.
What the?????

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Something perhaps similar here - my son and I both have DX6i transmitters (mine is mode 2, his is mode 1) and since we share our collection of planes we need to-rebind pretty frequently. We've been doing this for almost two years and have gone through the process hundreds of times, but on one occasion - just once - he noticed a couple of reversed controls (I think from memory that rudder and ailerons were reversed). It shocked us at the time and probably would have been fatal had he not noticed it as he commenced taxying out. It was a Spektrum receiver too.

Haven't seen it happen again, but it's something we no longer take for granted. Sorry to hear that this has happened to you Jonahailsa.

Steve Murray

Well, this is curious!

I have a haunted PZ T-28! However, mine is guided by an original DX6. Elevator reversals have happened on more than a few occasions when doing my preflight. (proof: Always do a full preflight!)
Consequently, the T-28 still lives...

I suggest it may be related to a receiver problem then?? I am using the AR6000 on it.
Or maybe I should have bought a different brand of radio 5 or so years back!!!!

Eamon

Spektrum DX6, DX7
Parkzone -T-28, Typhoon, Corsair, Wildcat, Bf-109G, P-51D Mustang
HK - Mosquito, Tiger Moth
FMS - Trojan, Tempest (micro)

ST - Cessna 182, Cessna 350
Multiplex - Easystar (stock)
Awesome - CA-13 Boomerang, Ju-87B Stuka
J-Power - AMX
E-Scale - WACO, P-47 Thunderbolt
AlfaModel - Ta-182 Huckebein (U/S)
Lanyu - Do335 Arrow