Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Artemis

So you flew it out of range of the TX receiver? What RX were you using? Lucky you missed the cars eh? Looked like a dive bomber run!

It didn't fly out of range, the reciever hung. It was on but it just locked up. It didn't brown out either it just went into "lights on but no one home mode". And stayed like that till I disconnected it.
It was fine again after I rebooted it. I had a bit of trouble with this RX very early on but I re-bound it and it seemed to work fine, range checked fine, and did work OK for all the previous flights. It's in the bin now !! It was an FRsky reciever. I did a bit of looking about on the net and found that there was a batch of them where the odd one suffered from this kind of fault. I've used heaps of these recievers and never had a problem but you can be unlucky and it did give me a warning as well which I should have headed. I thaught I had resolved it with a rebind. Obviously not Tho'

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

You can't ask for more in a Return to Home setup! Wink

(09-10-2012, 12:56 AM)kizza42 Wrote:  You can't ask for more in a Return to Home setup! Wink

That's true It's about what you'd expect for a RTH set up only Artemis isn't fitted with one yet. It's just the usual controlls

I have got an FY21AP sitting in a box ready to go in it as soon as I get all the last lot of modifications tested out Biggrin

slowly slowly catchy monkey

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci