Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How many 3S 1800mAh batteries can a Mazda6 charge?

Answer - 3 and a half.. and then, a da car she no start.

Claudio: Found out why the cigarette lighter PZ charger was showing an error. D'oh! Could have been worse. I could have taken it back under warranty Paranoid

The next post is for Gazz...

(03-10-2011, 04:03 PM)Skidz Wrote:  Claudio: Found out why the cigarette lighter PZ charger was showing an error.

Bugger. That's why I asked what the input source was, and when you said the cig lighter I shrugged it off. And let me guess - you found this out just as Gaz and I were driving out of the gates Upset

3.5 x 3S/1.8Ah to "flat" suggests your car battery needs replacing before it strands you again.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

No Claudio
Dave didn't find out as we were driving out the gate, he found out just as I was pulling into my street, at which point he ran me and asked if I could return to the field and give him a hand as he had tried to jump start his car but could not because he culd not roll through the big ditch. I returned and we got the car out of the ditch but 3 attempts at jumping the old girl found us at the lower fence and the Mazda she no start. The battery was dead as. Dave suggested calling his wife to get her to come down with a set of jumper leads, that jogged my memory and I said "hang on a minute" and went to my van and grabed a 2200 3S 30C battery and the charger lead with the bannana connectors on it.
Dave looked at me with considerable doubt and I said this will work.... so Dave reluctantly jumped in the drivers seat turned on the ignition and not much happened. I said " Ready " I put the connectors on the battery terminals and said "GO", without the slightest effort the car started in less than 3 seconds.....the leads from the mighty 2200 3S got very hot.... very fast.
I must admit I didnt think it would be so successful but there you have it... you can start a car with a 3S battery. The most surprising thing is that after the start I tested my little battery expecting it to be suffering a major drain from the effort but the tester suggested that my power level had only droped to 94 % and the cells were all still at 4.14 volts per cell....
Who would have believed that.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Thanks again Gazz. I would have suffered greatly if I had to get Mandy to come down with the jump leads. Might keep a spare 3S battery in the car with some connectors "for next time". That's twice in a month although the first time was leaving the ignition on for 3 hours after closing the sun roof and getting distracted.

Claudio - exactly what I said to Gary. It shouldn't have gone flat.

That's impressive Gazz! I had seen in on youtube...but knowing what can be done with editing programs, I had my doubts. Reading your posts above has changed my mind! Well
done.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Cool story... and now I understand the "The next post is for Gazz" reference!

Dave, maybe call me next time. If a 3S/2200mAh got you out of trouble, imagine what 45S 160000mAh could do! Biggrin

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Claudio: 200V battery? What you got in your garage?

Andrew, I kid you not it works. No magic. I was not certain about it - but was hoping it was going to work. Quite amazing actually.

Yeh, Samste-Steve did this out at Penrith a few months back when ~KevJ~ rogered his car battery doing a LiPo for his PC-9.
If you've got a 4S handy, this would seem to be a better option for starting a car, since the total voltage is nearer to that output by the alternator once the engine is running. Either way, it's a good idea to very quickly remove the LiPo once it's done its job so that it isn't damaged.
Good work gents - you wouldn't have been able to do that if we were exclusively flying IC powered planes.

I take it you were able to maiden your Trojan Dave?....

Steve Murray

Dave has his bronze wings the smartass bugger....

I thought that might be the case - he was apparently charging three batteries, not one Wink

Steve Murray

Lol

Yes It Does Work, keep a 4s lipo in the Glove box for those special occasions.

Kev's Subaru Imprezza

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile