Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ok, ok.. so I got a plane...

Ok plane dudes, time for this heli flyer to ask some simple questions now that I have T28 (looks nice):

1. The motor is offset on the firewall. It points noticeably "right" when viewed from the tail to front of plane. I am thinking that is a deliberate thing to counteract torque on take-off roll. Pls confirm.

2. The nose wheel mount seems to require me to tighten the screw in pretty hard before it would grip the nose wheel shaft. Anything less and the nose wheel falls out. The flat is the right way round.

3. Any mods any one recommends? The tape on the underside looks like it is not sticky enough and the tape under the leading edge seems to be wanting to peel away. Does anyone uses a stronger tape here?

4. The standard battery is 3S 1800. Anyone squeezed in a slightly higher capacity battery?

5. What flight times would I expect (very approximately) on the standard battery? I will be doing harriers, knife edges, inverted 8's, waterfalls, snap rolls and high speed low passes. Leet (not really).

Dave

1. Your suspicions are correct. Right-thrust (and often, but not always, down-thrust) lines are more pronounced when the nose of the plane is short.

2. Sounds about right - the nose wheel and its leg are the only weak points in the entire model.

3. The supplied tape is usually alright, but tucking some foam-safe CA under the parts that are peeling up will probably stop the rot.

4. We always fly with a 2200mAh 3S.

5. Don't know - I've never flown with the stock battery. I'd guess about 5 minutes if you were going flat-out most of the time.

All good Dave - it's a great model, no doubt about it. When your stock motor starts to develop cracks in the plastic base-plate (they all do), then upgrading to a Turnigy 3536C with the stock propeller will add a little more zest. Excellent!

Steve Murray

Trojan will happily take a larger battery, its not all that CofG sensitive. Have run 3s 3000mAh no sweat. Also have a FrSky 6 Channel rx to tide you over. Are you near Greystanes anytime this arvo?

I have a few 450 heli batteries that will slip in nicely.

Kieran, thanks. I might take you up on that until I can replace it for you. Depends when we fly next and cross paths. Knowing when that will happen is a bit of an enigma.
(30-09-2011, 04:20 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Trojan will happily take a larger battery, its not all that CofG sensitive. Have run 3s 3000mAh no sweat. Also have a FrSky 6 Channel rx to tide you over. Are you near Greystanes anytime this arvo?

Sorry, missed the last part. No, but I could be. SMS your address to 0418 219 024. Ta.

All good questions Dave. Can't wait to see you in the air with it! Congrats.

And, in case you were wondering, the spinning bit goes at the front Lol /runs

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Gday Dave

So you grabbed a T28 eh?

If you shove a torque tube through the fuse centreline just below the elevators you should have enough extension to attach the tail rotor quite easily. Gyro should fit nicely in the cockpit. Go gently with the pitch curve for the prop to start with then up the curve for more ballistic performance. You should be able to easily replace the unsightly wheels with a nice set of 600 sized skids.

Cheers
Rob B

I still use the standard 1800 battery to fly mine when all my 2200's are dead. I get a comfortable 5 minute flight from it with prettey aggresive throttle use.
With that said I get over 6 minutes with the 2200's and even after a 6 minute plus flight at almost full throttle they are still 3.8 volts per cell.
Once you get used to flying it Dave throw the wheels away, The performance increase is considerable.
Dont believe that Steve character, I still run the stock motor and my Trojan is great.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

i ran up to 4s 4000mah 40c's(it wasnt stock motor) in mine b4 dad flew it away.. battery size is not an issue , i reckon 3s 3000 20c's would be a good flight time on standard setup or 3s 2650 30'c's.. Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

(30-09-2011, 06:07 PM)robair Wrote:  If you shove a torque tube through the fuse centreline just below the elevators you should have enough extension to attach the tail rotor quite easily. Gyro should fit nicely in the cockpit. Go gently with the pitch curve for the prop to start with then up the curve for more ballistic performance. You should be able to easily replace the unsightly wheels with a nice set of 600 sized skids.

Cheers
Rob B

Now you have me thinking... hmmm...

With a nice grass landing strip you don't need wheels OR landing skids.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(30-09-2011, 05:53 PM)Claudius Wrote:  All good questions Dave. Can't wait to see you in the air with it! Congrats.

And, in case you were wondering, the spinning bit goes at the front Lol /runs

Shoot, lucky you told me that. I had it somewhere different! Tounge