Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flying Tips

Found this link and thought it would be good to have a post that offers advice on improving ones flying skills with a bit of technical advice.

http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/aero...maneuvers/

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Cheers Gazz - thanks for that. I'm still practicing manoeuvre number 10 on the list "Straight flight" ... will keep an eye on the others Smile

Steve Murray

Bravo Zulu for the effort too Steve, I am no expert but I think flying skills can be improved (irrespective of level) with the help of a sketch and some good old well explained text. (Thats how the Roulettes do it)
It might sound simple but it can be a very difficult thing to do well, particularly if the aircraft is not trimmed properly. Iv'e seen people that look like they were attemping aerobatic manouveres but the truth of the matter is that they cant fly the friggin thing in a straight line.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

If you can perform straight flight as depicted in that animation I will be extremely impressed... What with the sudden stop and teleporting back a few hundred feet, I think that's the next trick I'll try with my Stryker

Wink