Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Combat Wings

(22-03-2012, 06:48 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  Final frame weight less electronics is 620g. Total weight including battery s 950g.

Im using what motors i have spare, currently is a park450 890kv running a 9x6 on a 2200mah 3S nano.

Was thinking to paint, but now that you mention film, i think thats a better option.

That will fly so very nicely. You will be suprised at how well it will glide and how responsive it is!!
My vacuum bagged glass flying wing, using the same cores, weighs in at 1250g and that flies realy nicely so your wing will be AWSOME at 25% to 30% lighter.
I have flown these as a slope model and I'm pretty sure they would be even lighter with just a reciever a, 4S AAA nicad pack and the two servos. But we also used balast them up to nearly 2Kg buy taping roofing lead to the top of the wing and fly realy fast on windy days. So they will fly well with wide range of weights.

I can't wait to see this one fly !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci