Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Free! - to a good home

Very helpful to the complete beginner ... two E-Sky pretend 4-channel transmitters with a copy of FMS (a free RC flight simulator).

Junior and I are having a clean-out. You can have both my mode-2 and his mode-1 fake transmitter. You can then work out which way your brain is wired up, and throw away the mode-1 TX Wink

FMS accompanies the fake transmitters on a CD-ROM, but they both also work seamlessly with the excellent "RC Desk Pilot" which is another freely available download. Once you've given this a run for a couple of weeks you'll know whether you want something more serious to sink your teeth into - although Junior managed to get to solo flying standard very quickly just using FMS.

If you can use these, then you're welcome to them - just let me know when you're going to be at the field next so that I can make a point of packing them into the car!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Murray

If no one else wants them I'll take them. I have a young daughter who loves flying the sim and I think these might be perfect

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

OK - no worries. We're aiming to get to the field tomorrow ... but it's anyone's guess with respect to the weather. Willy says 90% chance of 5-10mm and Weatherzone says 60% chance of 1-5mm. They're both saying things like "clearing shower" which might mean rain in the morning when we'd be expecting to fly .... guess we'll have to play it by ear.
Going to watch the Wallabies v Springboks now ...

Steve Murray

... and I've still got the Microsoft IE9 duplication problem - back to Linux then!

Steve Murray

Did you know they have firefoxes in the windows now!?

(14-08-2011, 04:41 AM)kizza42 Wrote:  Did you know they have firefoxes in the windows now!?

Is that the latest security patch for IE ??

Kizza - yes, but I like to keep just one Windows machine only set up with Microsoft products. It's so that when I trash and disrespect MS to my students, I can be sure that I can safely state that Microsoft and it's second-rate products are indeed a boil on the computing backside of the entire planet.

According to some poking around I've done - this "double posting" bug is because they've included some incompatible/incorrect parsing of Javascript code (I don't know for sure, it annoys me too much to pursue it any further). Apparently I must click on a little "Backward Compatability" object next to the URL field ... of course, the "Backward" part of it is beautiful irony. If I do that before I post this reply, it should only appear once - let's see ...

Steve Murray

... Nope, and they wonder why people hate them!

Steve Murray

Heh, this is the first time I fired up IE since I built the box and downloaded ninite!

--Edit--

Definitley a JS fail. Actually, the forum is quite painful to use with IE. I feel sorry for the 4 people left who use IE

I still us IE Kieran. and I dont have any trouble with the club website...... What do you recommend I use!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Either Mozilla Firefox (www.mozilla.com) or Google Chrome ( www.google.com/chrome )

Your computer will thank you Wink