Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking to join

Hi guys,

i have just joined to forum, and i am looking at joining the club. I have been flying nitro planes for close to 10 years, and i am looking to get a bit more into electric planes. Shock Biggrin

I poped down to the field this morning to check it out, but unfortunuatly no one was there.

I just have a few questions regarding how the club works, and becoming a memeber
1) I am currently already a MAAA memeber, hence can i just pay the $5 visitor fee each time i fly?
2) Is there a keyboard for 36mhz? i didn't see anything while i was there today.
3) Do all members get a key to unlock the gate to drive in?
4) do u have issues of non-memebrs using the same area for flying? (just thinking in terms of freq control)

sorry for all the questions, but i am keen to get into some flying!!! 8-)

Thanks guys

Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum.
I will try to answer some of your questions.
1. If you currently hold a MAA membership card you are welcome upon
production of such card to fly as a guest of the club at $5 per visit.
(note to fly solo you would be expected to be at least a "Bronze wings" member.)

2.Most of our members fly 2.4Ghz radios but we do have some members still flying on 36Mhz
and we do use a frequency board for those fliers.

3. The Current situation is that all committee members hold keys to the field and as there is usually at least
one committee member present each time the field is opened there is no other keys issued.

4. Not quite sure of your question here as it appears to be covered in question 2.
(I'm assuming that you are referring to flying as a visitor and not just using the field whenever you feel like
going down to fly on your own.)
PRCAC lease the field from the Parramatta council and as such we are subject to their requirements. They do not
allow the field to be used for flying outside of our normal club control.

Please note too that the field is subject to an electrics only condition.

Are you a member of any other RC flying club?
As our field is rather tight, membership is limited to a certain number of members and currently
there is a waiting period for new memberships, usually it would require at least a 3 months
period of regular visitor attendance before a new application would be considered.

This period would give both current member and prospective members the chance to get to know one another and also give
the new member a chance to decide if the field fits his requirements.

regards

Paul Johnston
Vice President.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Thank you for your response Paul.

Yes i am currently a member of SRCS, but the club has lost the land, and has had no where to fly for the last 9 months.

Can i please clarify, does that mean the field is "outside of our normal club control" if no committe member is there to open the gates? so essentially u can only fly there if a committee member is present?
are the committe members only present on saturdays?

is there a limit on the number of times i can fly as a visitor with the $5 payment?

thank you for your time

8-)

Hi Chris,

Can I suggest that you contact our club
secretary John Considine at kellises@bigpond.net.au with any further questions
as he will be better able to answer.

regards

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)