Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Check out this Club

Hi Guys,

I stumbled on this when looking for information.

Have a look at this club - check out their title page - blast

Temp - ground condition etc..

The Raleigh-Durham Remote Control Club Website!

http://www.rd-rc.org/

Attached Files
.pdf The Raleigh-Durham Remote Control Club Website!.pdf Size: 187.07 KB  Downloads: 393

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Give me an unlimited 12v dc supply and an internet connection and our field will have all that.

Well, I have a couple of solar cells and a spare car battery. I think our problem is where to locate the electronics. Do you need a Linux box or a windows box? I wonder if Parra Council would let us install a pole somewhere, then again perhaps Blacktown council might come to the party.

We have to decide what we want. An ideal space for security cam would be within the tree line but
that would compromise any AWS setup we have.

We need a nice tall pole in an exposed area.

I'm sure we'd find some linux embedded hardware to run what we need and get it upload the data to the club web server via cellular data or wifi.

perhaps a small box sitting on the roof at the nw end of the building would work. Did anyone ever follow up the GB water tank?

(27-07-2011, 12:38 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  We have to decide what we want. An ideal space for security cam would be within the tree line but
that would compromise any AWS setup we have.

We need a nice tall pole in an exposed area.

I'm sure we'd find some linux embedded hardware to run what we need and get it upload the data to the club web server via cellular data or wifi.
I worry about vandals and people who walk through that might ripp it down, but it would be nice to log on and have a look before driving all the way.
How about initially a portable setup that someone who lives close to the field could set up in the mornings on flying days for the rest of us to view.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Quite often a club member will volunteer to do this. Check out the "field condition" and the "flying this weekend" for the needed reports.