Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Blade is born

Well, I finally caved in and decided to get a Blade mCPx. So now I have a big heli and very small one. All flybarless for the record!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqunygaQlQM&feature=player_embedded

Ever since that guy showed up at the field with a new one in the box (I maidened it for him with Mick's DX7). It was a heap of fun. Crash it and it doesn't hurt the wallet.

I have had it 24 hours and crashed it about 5 times. Even repaired the swash ball link with a dress maker's pin and CA. Cripes everything is small. Doing inverted flips indoors doesn't end well... in a house anyway. Lost a tail rotor and a main blade link. It comes with spares (but not enough I suspect Lol )

Love it !!!

Only issue is that it needs a Spektrum TX. I got the one with the DX4e inside. What a load of garbage. I have had to rebind the heli about 16 times. A DX4E issue I learn . Next person upgrading their DX6i to something better (Futaba? Biggrin), I have first dibbs.

D.

I have a mode 2 DX6i sitting here not doing anything. Any interest?

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC
---------------------------------------------------------------------

(18-07-2011, 09:10 PM)Drew Wrote:  I have a mode 2 DX6i sitting here not doing anything. Any interest?

Absolutely !!

Way to go Dave!
I to was more than impressed with the performance of the little sucker.
Surprised that it took you this long to get one.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Now you know why the battery order went in on HK. 6 X $4.99 for 1S 0.3A 35C Nanotechs!! Smile

Very Nice dave, I Saw them at Hobbies in the Hills Today for $159-00, was thinking about you and was going to post and let you know.

Cannot wait for your Indoor Video Flight Clip Inverted over the kitchen Bench while your Wife Is cooking Biggrin

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Ooh yeahhhh!! A mate has one & reckons they are the best fun you can have with your pants on! So, if you fly it with your pants off......... no- dont. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

I can vouch that they are absolutely awesome to fly (Actually a bit too easy with the flybarless stabilisation Wink ) Very seriously considering one.