Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HK mossie maiden worry

Hi guys....was hoping for an answer on this from someone with more knowledge than I!....
I have one of the HK mossies and am setting up (weather permitting) for the maiden tomorrow.....
I do have another bit of a concern.....since swapping to the MAS props.....my prop nose cones (and the props...? hard to tell) have a bit of a wobble to them....god knows how this happened....either the nut behind the backplate is not sitting flush (I epoxed the nuts to the backplate) or the backplate has become a bit distaughted. However I'm in no mood now to investiage as I took ages to 'fatten out' the prop shaft with a few layers of heatshink to enable the wider shaft hole to fit the prop shaft (this has worked for me quite well in the past)........
may as well make use of the iphone....
I've uploaded the vid of the 'offset prop'.....the other side is not as bad. The prop shaft is DEF not bent....
What do you guys think?? I am risking it? There is no abnormal noises upon rotation at high speeds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KShHSiT5uT0

Cheers all......

The prop appears fine. It seems like the spinner only isn't perfectly aligned. I doubt that will cause any adverse vibrations.

Yeah the prop looks balance, i guess the best thing would be to get the nose cone back plate balance right and all spinning nicely then you will be sure not to get unwanted vibration and any issues that may arise.
But running low Kv motors tends to be more forgiving on unbalanced props and bent prop shafts etc and should be ok.
Whereas an unbalanced prop, prop adapter or nose cone on a high kv causes massive vibration and snaps motor shafts let alone stress out motor mounts and everything else.
(Eg my speedster glider, snapped 3 shafts from unbalance prop or in balance prop adapter)

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Cheers guys.....unfortunately ive had the odd wine since putting the tools down&now lacking motivation&a steady hand to investigate further!ill take it down the field tomorrow2see wot u all think&see what happens
Cheers
Si

I would be checking everything mate.
The whole thing looks out of sortes to me.
There is no way I would be flying a new aircraft with a wobble as obvious at that.
Vibration and/or imbalance is the major cause for electronic and/or mechanical failure.
Sort it out and get it operating smoothly before it hits the sky.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I had to leave the field today before Simon's maiden flight.

Was there a maiden?
If so, can anyone give a report?
Thanks.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

No maiden. Darren's advice.

strip a bit too boggy Andrew.....Am happy to wait for a firmer strip....