Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question about Hobbyking AU (ex H Store)

Hey guys, I haven't been down the shop since it became Hobbyking. Do they still do over the counter sales?. I can't find any info on opening times anymore.

I was looking at heading down there saturday arvo and looking at radios and this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=17529 for when I am allowed to fly it Lol

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Yes, they do over-the-counter sales, but if you've got something in particular in mind, it would be a good idea to 'phone ahead first because their stock levels are not updated in real-time against those quoted on the HK website.

Be careful about which TX you buy, since there are pros and cons of course - not the least being that you should consider using one which is sanctioned by the MAAA.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Murray

Thanks, just about everything I need to know Thumbup

I might hold off on the radio. Wink Wifey and I had an experience with a pair of certain orange and black ground radios we bought for taking to Norway last year to run in the rc 4WD trials they have over there to save our 3PK's from a full day in an plane hold. I won't say much more, I am not one to rag on stuff on line directly Leet

I have a Hitec Optic 6 that is new, but came with out box and odd crystals I am having not much luck finding dual conversion crystals. I'll stick with that, me thinks.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

(29-06-2011, 10:22 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Be careful about which TX you buy, since there are pros and cons of course - not the least being that you should consider using one which is sanctioned by the MAAA.

Steve's Right in Regards to The maaa Tick of Approval, But if your learning and want to be able to buddy with someone get yourself a Spektrum DX6i are very cheap these Days and rx's are very cheap from Hobbyking

And There's so no substitute for good quality Tx and Rx, and i Know as i put up with my save some money Tx for too long till i bit the bullet and haven't look back with my DX7 and my flying improved straight away.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Excuse my ignorance, but is the MAAA tick the same as the C-tick that electronic goods (and radios) that have been tested and approved for use in Australia carry, or is it another thing all together?

That is a terrible admission from me, as I used to work in the service department of a major brand importer and have done numerous mode changes and stuff.... All I was aware of is the C-tick.

I agree, Stephen. I have been close to becoming a Spektrum fanboi over the last couple of years, and I should get myself a 6i and be done with it... The only consequence of that is all those pretty little Parkzone bind'n'fly planes I could purchase Icon_twisted

My understanding is the C tick is the Australian Approved Standard.

That's what we use & are required to use on our products @ work.

The MAAA is an Approval given that these radios have a C Tick.

I do not beleive that the MAAA has it's own tick - Not to my knowledge.

If the units have a C Tick then they are Approved by Australian Standards.

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Yeh, the C-tick is an ACMA thing, as far as I can remember.
The MAAA have got their own approved list of devices which would be preferable to comply with for insurance purposes.

Steve Murray

Yeah, if a customer sent a radio in for repair or service that had been bought over seas (no C tick), I wasn't even allowed to power it up.

I'll go search and check that list now.

***Edit***

I just looked at their current regs regarding 2.4ghz... I'm going to buy a Spektrum I think. I'm not going to risk using a lesser radio.

Thanks kizza, that's the one I found. Handy to have the link though.

Well, after dropping into the field today, I went and got a respectable first time air radio, a DX5E and a little 4ch plug and play foamy Cub (1.07m wingspan).

I'll get it all bunged together (with fuel line on clevis's - I be reading the rules Wink ), get a couple more LiPO's that fit it and should be good... maybe Paranoid