Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Viper Jet 70MM

Looking good Steve. Thanks for all the preliminary work mate. Now I can steal your idea ha ha... although to be honest I have done a lot of reasearch on these things and was planning on doing something very similar.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Yeh, Its a Little of Mucking around with the servos, and i was going to do it this way and looked up on web and saw a few differnt ways of doing it and this was one way that had been done.
The other way was under the wings hidden, but alot harder to cut in.

The Rudder is all Done Now Too, this was way Easy to do.

Left to do is to fit servo horns and rods to ailerons and Flaps and tidy all electrics and install rx and connections, build lipo base pad, canopy lock.

With the under belly opening, i will just Hard Tape this for maiden and make sure all is good before glueing back in properly as this is awkward as i have a larger opening than normal.
Or i may make it some how screw in.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Looking good Samste!
You might even have to put some cheater holes in that fuselage cover plate, since you stepped up in fan diameter. I guess the testing starts soon - good luck with it mate, looks great!

Steve Murray

Not a Bad idea Steve and your right it will want more air, Possibly make a scoop using the belly lid front part when i refit it ?

Steve Smile

Edit : This is what i have Done for more Airflow

Nearly There a couple more nights Hopefully then Testing begins

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

wow that looks really neat steve , looking forward to how these vipers fly . i'm sure your edf setup will be worth seeing

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Looks like it's getting close now

Great Job Steve!! I'm keen to see this one fly !!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Tonight Update, Not Much Time Spent.

Canopy Lock Installed & Lid frosted white, Lipo Tray & Fastener Installed

Steve Smile

Edit : Not Sure If This Is Correct as i cannot find my Viper Manual for COG.
Going From The Web Forum " 78mm from where the wings meet the fuse "
Can Anyone can Confirm ? if this is correct as i may need to add weight to nose or make a new Tray closer to nose, or Get Bigger Lipo capacity for the extra weight.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS . I ALWAYS USE THE 65-35 TO 70-30 PERCENTAGE RATIO RULE OF THUMB FOR MAIDEN FLIGHTS , TAKEN AT SIDE WALL OF FUSELAGE .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

I will check my manual for the C of G when I get home this afternoon Steve!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I Have altered My Lipo Tray Holder to Correct Cog including some lead to front as going by several threads Cog is approx 70 to 75 mm

Edf testing -
I have concerns with Amount of Power i Going To Have as i recently found out the edf setup i had in my old stryker edf was only 1500kv not the 1900kv, this is why my new stryker edf screams speed with the 1900kv and 135 amps.

The Viper ways in at 1900 grams without lipo 2.5 kg with lipo.
Thrust is about 2kg, 2000 watts, 92 amps, 6s lipo
(my old stryker weighed in 1.5 kg including lipo in comparison)

Tray conversion pic

I'm sure it will be quick enough Steve... you know you don't have to have 17 to 1 power in everything you own mate. Most quick EDF's are 0.7 to 1 some of HK's are only 0.5 to 1 and they fly fine.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Yeh i Know, but i have concerns as this model does fly Heavy and has high wing Loading, so i wanted the power to help with its flying characteristics.

Maiden will tell all i guess,

Almost Done All servos arms connected, just now need to fit Rx and trim up all controls.

Using a 6s 3300ma lipo for maiden and using lead weight at nose to compensate for the lighter Lipo.
As i would be buying a 4000ma 6s if all goes well, as this will rempve the added nose weight into more power for Viper.

Looks good mate.... how the hell did you get a 90mm EDF into a 70mm EDF fuse???

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(11-04-2013, 08:37 PM)gbanger Wrote:  ... how the hell did you get a 90mm EDF into a 70mm EDF fuse???
I was wondering about that too.

Steve Murray

It Just Fits Nice Biggrin

All Done, slight Hicup as i had to do 2 servo reversing the manual way.
All Trimmed and a little Test done and Uploaded To You Tube.

http://youtu.be/8EM3sPY0fZc

test flight tomorrow ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(12-04-2013, 09:44 AM)secant0give Wrote:  test flight tomorrow ??

ummmmmmmm i thought i would put it back in the roof now that its Finished Wink

It will be a classic in the future with no milage Tounge

I'll have my video camera ready. Serious.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

cool . i'll be there , whens it going up . ?

Viper Is Back on Build Bench with some Major Overhaul and Customing.
I will Get This Viper Up and Flying With Power To Burn.

So i Ripped Out the 90mm Edf, which was Hard Work with minor Damage as it was Glued In Good.

Bench Testing Time

1. Repositioned Edf to Center of Plane Removed The 200grams of Lead Weight to Front for Cog.
This made a Big Difference.

2. Cut the Viper in Half and increeased the Outake Size, and This also Made a Huge Difference.

Made complete Outake Tube to rear Edf sweet and TEMP TAPED for Testing.
THE VIPER HOLDS ITS OWN WEIGHT NOW

3. Waiting for the swap out of 1500kv to 1850kv Motor on the Edf and then it will have Power To Burn.

In the Mean Time its fixing up Nose and landing wheels from damage of long grass impact trying to take off Twice Yesterday.

P.s i did bench Test the 2200kv 10 blade alloy edf on 6s that i had, it had less Power compared to the 90mm edf i had installed prior customing.

Steve Smile

Wow - you've been busy mate! Get much sleep last night?
Good work. Makes me think how far you've come since the "Sonic Saber" days Smile

Steve Murray

(14-04-2013, 05:41 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Wow - you've been busy mate! Get much sleep last night?
Good work. Makes me think how far you've come since the "Sonic Saber" days Smile

Lol, I remember Those days, there was lots of posts happening then on Wattflyer. To Think i thought i knew a lot then, i was wrong, i could barely fly well. Its amazing what you learn heh Wink

Steve Smile

Bring back some old memories

Smile Heh, heh, ... yep! That's the one mate - I've still got mine and I SWEAR I will complete it with an uprated power-train one day Smile

Steve Murray

Thanks Today To Gazz, i manage to get a warhead 1850kv motor to fit in.

Well This is Confusing max Amps now is 118 amps.

Using same esc and settings and 6s full charge lipo this is what i get -

Current Stryker Edf Setup 138 amps max

viper original motor 104 amps max.

Swapped out with my spare war head, 104 amps max.

Gazz's Warhead 118 AMPS Max

So all i can fiqure out is that i actually have a 1850kv in Stryker.
My spare Edf Motor and original motor in Viper is 1350kv
Gazz's Edf Motor is 1500kv or there abouts.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._90mm.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._90mm.html

Is there any web Forums regarding these Warheads as i know Ian Talked about an issue with them from Pemac that they were picking diffent kvs as there not labelled and batches were different.

Steve Confused

P.s With Gazz's Motor in the viper holds it own weight and goes up on full throttle with max charge. But Definately not 1850kv like my stryker edf.

Also Gazz your motor box was labelled 1350kv though it had textered 1850 kv ?

I know mate I did that. I ordered 2 x 1350kv motors, 2 x 1850kv motors and 2 x Changesun 90's.
The 2 x 1850s were in plastic padded bags the 1350's were in the boxes. I labeled them with a texta because there are no making on them. When I installed 1 of the 1350's in the second Changesun, I put the second 1850 in the box for protection.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6