Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yak 55 M

My pleasure Jason. I must admit I had a fair bit of trepidation in being the cameraman. Haven't done it before and I didn't think I could keep the plane in view. I presume you edited out where I didn't Tounge .
Was a nice flight except where you tried to test how it bounces in concrete walls Wink . Glad you missed

(13-01-2013, 09:29 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  My pleasure Jason. I must admit I had a fair bit of trepidation in being the cameraman. Haven't done it before and I didn't think I could keep the plane in view. I presume you edited out where I didn't Tounge .
Was a nice flight except where you tried to test how it bounces in concrete walls Wink . Glad you missed

Actually the video was pretty much all in frame and pretty well centered. The editing I did was some cropping to make the plane a bit bigger, that's why the resolution changes a bit. Mostly the bits I took out were the flat turns, a square circit and one landing approach from left to right. Just to make it a bit shorter and only keep the bits I liked, tho' I had to keep the failed KE pass. That was a bit of an addrenelan moment !! It looked to me like it stalled, dropped the nose and fell out of Knife edge then dropped the right wing. There wasn't much margen in it, that's for sure!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks for the compliment. Compliment returned for your editing, excellent job. Looking forward to seeing how you edit my Pulse flight. If you edit out all the bad bits, I imagine 15 seconds should do it,

Well It flies again. It was ok ish before but the tail plane was a little twisted. I managed to trim it out during the first few flights but it's never good to over come a twist like that with trim. So being a little sceptical of HK's customer service, I found out who makes these machines for them. It's a little company in China called Fyuan rc.
http://www.fuyuanrc.com/detail.asp?id=16878

I emailed them and they happily sent me out a new tail plane to replace the twisted one. When the new one turned up it was dead straight, looked nice and it fitted up almost perfectly. I did have to modify it so I could use one elevator servo instead of two but I had expected that. This Yak 55M has a removable horizontal tail so it can be made a little smaller for transport and storage.

I'm looking forward to a fair bit more flying with it in the future !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Nice job Jason, it looked pretty straight in the sky!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

i just spent over 2 hrs , reading this thread and getting carried away in youtube vids . looking forward to seeing some more of these YAKS in the air before my build .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Here it is all packed up in it's new box just about ready to go to Maitland.

I've taped up the gaps in the aileron and elevator hinges with blenderm tape and potted the windings in the motor. So I'm hoping the the odd noises will all be gone now Smile

Nice work Jason... wouldn't have expected anything less from you.
How much would you say it cost to build the box, did you buy the foam specifically for it, and if you did, what size do the sheets come in, and where did you get it from???
Yes, my mind is ticking....

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Yes Very Nice box Great for transporting, less chance of damage.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(10-04-2013, 07:21 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Nice work Jason... wouldn't have expected anything less from you.
How much would you say it cost to build the box, did you buy the foam specifically for it, and if you did, what size do the sheets come in, and where did you get it from???
Yes, my mind is ticking....

Ummmm I posted a list of what I brought here
http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=844&pid=19860#pid19860

I brought a bunch of foam in the one go enough to make 15 wing cores and two boxes. The name of the company is POLLYFOAM and they will cut to any size you like just give them a list.

The boxes are glued with holt melt glue and foam safe construction adhesive. They are quick and easy to make and work very well. Did I mention that they are nice and light too Smile

Thanks mate... I will be looking into a transport box or two myself.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6