Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Membership queries...

Hi everyone,

OK, I want to become a member to fly. What's the best way to go about it? I understand that MANNSW membership goes from June - June (or July, can't remember!) so do I wait until then to join up or do I need to pay that now? Do they have a 'temporary' policy whilst waiting for the renewal date? What's the deal? Confused

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Cheers,

Graham Smile

Unfortunatley there isn't a temp scheme to tie you over, its very frustrating for new members that want to join around now and us as our hands are tied unless you want to pay essentially 2 annual fee's within 2 months.

I have been working on a plan to alleviate this and will hopefully be able to implement it in the next few weeks. Stay tuned

No worries Kieran,

I'll pop down at the weekend anyway to see what's going on - is it worth bringing the application form anyway to get that out of the way, or just wait it out??

Cheers,

Graham

Kieran,

When I was looking around for a club to join I did some research to make sure flying at prospective clubs was covered and legitimate. I think MAA MOP042 Clause 3.2 covers insurance for prospective members.

Effectively tracking & enforcing 3.2 (b) in conjunction with what is in the best interests for the club has been the issue.
(ie. not taking money but spending time & resources teaching to fly then having prospects disappear when its paying time).

Also at times like this, 3.2 (d) throws a stone in the works.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Just looking through those rules from MAAA and initially I thought 'no problem looks like I'm covered, and if you guys are worried about me disappearing after my 'free' period, I'll just offer to pay you up front'.

But, yeah, clause 3.2d kind of means the 'double MAAA membership problem' doesn't go away!

Oh well, thanks for checking it out anyway.

Graham

Gday Graham

If it is any consolation, from memory Ingo and I had to cool our heels for a few months back when we joined the club.
It's just one of those things.

Cheers
Rob B

Im in the same boat too at the moment... Joining but need to wait for optimal time to pay... but all in all, Im planning to stick around. Its the closest and most reliable club within 30min driving distance from my place.

These things happen.. I've been joining the club for AGES! First I waited until optimal time for 1/2 year fee's etc.. Then I go to join and my wrist gets slashed and injured.. Now it's waiting for funds and more feeling in my hand to return.. baaaaaaahh.. 'Never give up, Never Surrender!!' See you all out there :-)

Rob
Belt CP 3D - CNC Head + Tail Leet
Various Co-Axial choppers micro to large Smile

Gday Rob

Thought you had completely disappeared, still have to swap some cash for some batteries with you mate.

Cheers
Rob B

(17-05-2011, 04:26 PM)robair Wrote:  Gday Rob

Thought you had completely disappeared, still have to swap some cash for some batteries with you mate.

Cheers
Rob B

INDEED!! HI ROB!! Leet I am away in QLD coming weekend but I will Buzz you. I am sure I got your Phone No. somewhere along the line. Thumbup

Rob
Belt CP 3D - CNC Head + Tail Leet
Various Co-Axial choppers micro to large Smile