Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Build night?

(09-06-2011, 08:09 PM)Claudius Wrote:  
(08-06-2011, 09:06 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  I for one, am so disorganised that all my building occurs between about 6:00pm on a Friday night and 2:00am the following morning and I haven't got the self-discipline to manage any other way to go about it.
So Steve, reading that another way, are you offering to host a midnight build session at your place? Smile
You bring beer Claudio - and you're in Smile

Steve Murray

I'm keen to be involved and help with build nights - esp for newbies, club planes and personal projects.
Your post put it up for board consideration so I didn't bother commenting further.

I recognise that I'm a bit in the right wing out here in the East (Putney) but a venue near the flying field is a fair distance for me.

If I had a decent sized shed, I'd be happy to host midnight build sessions!! Smile. Like Steve, my toys come out after everyone else goes to bed.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

This club is fantastic..
Thanks for the positive responses - Thanks guys.. Biggrin

Understood that late night is the preferred/available time for most to 'build' .. Well the theme seems to be for an 'indoor flying' hall. To be honest I can't tell if the hall is big enough, probably not Confused For reference to those local - it is that hall in Winston Heights School we go to 'vote' at all the time - Check it out and drop your 2 cents in.

Someone along the line mentioned beer Leet Now I am 'totally supportive' of any activity involving said beer Lol .. I'll make further inquiries to school if anyone thinks I need too.

Cheers guys,

Rob
Belt CP 3D - CNC Head + Tail Leet
Various Co-Axial choppers micro to large Smile

Being a school, we are unlikely to include beer with flying (MAS might have something to say about that too). However, there is nothing against a de-brief of the evening's antics over one ot two on the way home Smile.

If the space is about 2 basketball courts and 4-5M high ceilings, it wil be ideal for indoor flying. 1 basketball court is ok but 2 is easier. I find the walls scriest to begin with then when avoiding the walls, the roof is the next most threatening obstacle.

Drew

Code:
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

Weekends are not so good for me, one evening during the week would be better,
What is also handy about a privately owned shed is that you can leave something set up to
Cure over night, say if you were going glew with anything other than zap or say vacuum bag some wings.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci