Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HK Micro P-40

Wow this is an old post! My mischievous 2 year old is now a very mischievous 6 almost 7 year old!

I honestly don't know how much useful information I can give you as I haven't had this plane for a long time and I can't really remember too many details. I do know that it was no longer flying by the time the ailerons arrived by mail from china.

The reason is more my fault than anything else. It was quite tricky to fly even for a 3 channel model. Not sure how much of that was due to my inexperience and how much was due to the model. I do remember it had to fly quite fast to stay in the air, almost full throttle most of the time. I had several quite hard crashes with it and ended up retiring it after the hot glue holding it together exceeded the original weight of the plane!

As a side not, it did strip out the moter and servos and used them to make a tiny ultralight tissue and balsa plane which was intended to be an indoor flyer, however a gust of wind turned it into splinters whilst on a test flight in my front yard which also damaged the motor and speed controller so even that was put to bed.

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Messages In This Thread
HK Micro P-40 - by Kedumba - 04-05-2011, 10:17 PM
RE: HK Micro P-40 - by ipeifer - 07-02-2015, 03:05 PM
RE: HK Micro P-40 - by Kedumba - 13-02-2015, 10:39 AM
RE: HK Micro P-40 - by ipeifer - 14-02-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: HK Micro P-40 - by ipeifer - 14-02-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: HK Micro P-40 - by ipeifer - 22-03-2015, 02:54 AM