Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What do you do when the field is a swimming pool?

Build!!!
Here's my newly finished XS Smart Dart (ideal blatantly copied from Kevin). It weighs 22g without a battery and I'm thinking of running it on 3S which gives it far too much punch for the design spec (hence the extra dihedral brace and leading edge CF).

If the weather stays crappy, it might even get some undercarriage (or floats) and stickers.

Fugly, but it glides ok across the back yard. Smile

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

Looks like a bit of fun Drew !!

What motor and ESC are you using ?

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(02-05-2011, 10:05 PM)Drew Wrote:  Build!!!
Here's my newly finished XS Smart Dart ..
It weighs 22g without a battery ...

If the weather stays crappy, it might even get some undercarriage (or floats) and stickers.

Looks good Drew but how in the hell did u get the weight down to 22g. What is the wing span?

Mine flys very nicely in a soccer field so I've been able to fly it every morning for the last days (more than 30mins air time each day - now getting a battery flight time of 10min.)

KevB

Oops!!! that's 220g without a battery Frown.

It's got an old EMax 2822 ex Steve Murray that's been dunked in the mud in his original balsa experiment and my F22 that spent a couple of weeks in the reeds. I think this'll be its last plane as it is sounding pretty grungy.

At the mo, I've got an 18A Mystery speedy and a 9x5 prop, but that might come down to 7 or 8" later.

Kev,

Have you tried a 4CH setup yet?

Drew

Code:
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC