Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RE: Park Zone Radian PRO .

Hi Kieran last weekend after leaving the field. I visited ultimate hobbies, and purchased a Park Zone Radian PRO plug and play version, and I have a couple of questions about the new radian?.

1. Looking around the net seems that a receiver with a satellite receiver is best for their use.

2. Also the battery for it. They recommend 13MhA and above, tried my 1800, but were not fit, when I look on you Tube, several of the radian owners were using Turnigy Batteries, not sure which size, the dimensions are as follow. L60mm/H30MM /W40 MM , slightly longer battery, may still fit?.

I would border down to the field to show you accept for the weather.

Kind regards, Bob.

On the subject of new planes, visited Hobbies in the Hills today, just to see what was there. They had a Parkzone Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP
with an 1105mm wingspan on special for $169. Following my desire to swoop on bargains to ensure I have planes to suit my future needs, would anybody know if this plane fly similar to the Parkzone T28 Trojan which would cost me double.

Cheers
Wayne

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
Amelia Earhart

E-flite Apprentice WS 1475 (the best trainer) Thumbup
Parkzone P-47D Thumbup Thunderbolt & T-28 Trojan Thumbup
E-flite Eratix 3D 25e Thumbup Thumbup
E-flite Extra 300 3D indoor flier
E-flite Rhapsody Balsa biplane - on repair bench
Super N Cheaper Edge 540. under build
SRL Extra 330 3D depron profile plane

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

Hi Bob
A satellite reciever will give you more reliable communication over larger ranges if you are using the Radian for what it was designed for. Which is high altitude thermal soaring.
But for general mid range flight it is not really necessary.
The battery selection is up to you. The recommended 3S 1300 lipo will be more that adequate for normal flight, you can however increase that to 1800 or even 2200 to increase flight times. But just make sure you can fit the battery into the aircraft before you buy them.
Hope this helps.

Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(16-04-2011, 06:18 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  On the subject of new planes, visited Hobbies in the Hills today, just to see what was there.

A mere shell of their former selves. Not sure what happened behind the scenes after the fire from around 2003/4. A big store now a small store. My first plane came from there (Thunder Tiger Soaring Star).

Hi Wayne
I believe the ME 109 by Parkzone is very similar to the P 51, not quite as much power and has a tendancy to tip stall if flown to slowly, so keep the speed up and they fly like champions. To coin an old phrase its a Parkzone you really cant go wrong.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Thanks guys, will discuss more at length in person if anybody flies tomorrow. BOM says 40% chance of showers tomorrow. Dont know how field stood up today. Failing negative replies about T109, I may have a new plane Tuesday.

Amelia Earhart

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

(16-04-2011, 06:40 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Thanks guys, will discuss more at length in person if anybody flies tomorrow. BOM says 40% chance of showers tomorrow. Dont know how field stood up today. Failing negative replies about T109, I may have a new plane Tuesday.

I don't like our chances generally. I expect water over some of the runways. Could be a "helicopter only" day (provided the rain stops) Smile .

Wayne - $170 for the PZ Bf-109 PNP is a very good price indeed - don't let it get away.

I've looked into this model closely - it is difficult to handle on the ground (just like the real one was apparently) but it has an Eflite 15 motor in it as standard and goes like Hell in the air (also just like the real one). Get it and keep it in the hangar until you're well and truly ready for it, would be my advice. A real bargain at anything less than $200!

Bob - sorry for taking your original thread further off-topic!

Steve Murray

>>Hi Bob
A satellite reciever will give you more reliable communication over larger ranges if you are using the Radian for what it was designed for. Which is high altitude thermal soaring.
But for general mid range flight it is not really necessary.
The battery selection is up to you. The recommended 3S 1300 lipo will be more that adequate for normal flight, you can however increase that to 1800 or even 2200 to increase flight times. But just make sure you can fit the battery into the aircraft before you buy them.
Hope this helps.
Gazz <
Hi, Gazz. the problem with the battery is simply giving it to fit my 1800 battery will fit sort of, but have trouble closing the lid. When I come down the field this weekend I'll see if anybody has a 1500 battery that I can try in it?, I was asking about the dual receivers because most of the Radian PRO on YouTube Centre have them/
kind regards, Bob.
PS. Not a problem using my post.

Hi Bob,
I purchased Turnigy 3s 20-30c 1600mah batteries for my HK Cessna. Measures 95 x 33 x 25mm weighing a tad over 140g. I will be there on the weekend and you are welcome to a test fit. $10.99 from HK in stock fro HK Aust warehouse. HKing in Carringbah stocking turnigy batteries but a little dearer than on line
Cheers,
Wayne

Amelia Earhart

Spektrum DX6i & DX8