Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

RC Heli Flight School

Finally got my Blade 450X (& DX7) back from OMP in SA which I sent for warranty repairs. It took 4 weeks but happy to wait as long as it was sorted properly. A couple of hundred dollars in parts later (no cost to me) & hopefully no more problems. Funny story in that Seen at Hobbies in the Hills (who sent it off for repairs), told the tech at OMP that the Heli was losing bind & takes several attempts to rebind. The OMP tech simply repaired the tail which was damaged the last time I flew it because it lost bind in flight. He then attempted a test flight during which the 450X lost bind in flight, crashed and damaged the tail again. He then repaired the tail again and although there's no repair paperwork, it looks like he's replaced the BeastX Receiver/Flybarless system ($250+). Glad I didn't have to pay for it! Haven't flown it yet - I'll give it a good once over & hopefully have time this weekend to come down to the field - haven't been for a month or so.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Hmmm, just checked out the Heli - I think one of the cyclic servo gears is stripped. No big deal. The gear sets are pretty cheap. Tiny parts to work with though.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

A bit of bad luck there John. Might have been overlooked when crashed by the tech.