Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Indoor Flying

Hi Guys,
I was down Ultimate Hobbies at Parramatta this afternoon for some retail therapy of the plane kind and got taking to the sales guys.
One guy was quite interested in where we fly at Toongabbie and the other then said that they are trying to find a venue in the area to conduct indoor flying of a similar nature to that the H Store runs at Menai.
If they are successful in obtaining a venue I thought this may be of interest to some of our club members. I will enquire with them from time to time and keep you informed.

Also for those in the Ermington area, in particular Kendal Reserve, the 1st sales guy said that he was looking at forming a club and trying to secure Kendal for their field with the council. It does pose a few problems the worst of which is the helicopter traffic that uses the river as a flight path, so a maximum height restriction would have to be adhered too.

At Darren's request I approached Ultimate Hobbies re obtaining a discount
for club members. I was very disappointed with their responce.
I was told that they feel that their prices are cheap enough compared to other hobby shops
and that if anyone was buying a "Big" ticket item sure they would offer a discount but
not interested in a general discount on small items.
The offer of a discount on big ticket items is for all the general public not just club members.
They did offer however that they would happily distribute any club leaflets etc to help promote
our club.
I tried to explain that we would promote them through our website if they offered us a discount but
they were not that interested.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

I'm keen to be able to find somewhere to do indoor flying a bit closer than Menai. I'd even drop in and visit a club at ermington from time to time as it would halve my travel - however, the club is more about the people than location. There's another club closer to me that I don't think is anywhere a great as ours. Smile

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC
---------------------------------------------------------------------