Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PRCAC on Phoenix RC

(12-03-2011, 06:19 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Thanks for your help guys.
I am now flying at PRCAC in my lounge room
Sweeeeeet
Gazz

Be careful. You might not be allowed down to the field anymore!

Yeh, one of us should host an online session!....

Steve Murray

Once I get my dongle I'll be happy to host a session.
Should be a lot of fun

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Yep - no worries Paul. I've got a session on the go at the moment, just to see how things go with a multiplayer arrangement there.
So far I've been flying around for about an hour on my own, which is alright but it would be fun if a few others turned up.
Catch you tomorrow Smile
S

Steve Murray

(12-03-2011, 09:21 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  I've got a session on the go at the moment, just to see how things go with a multiplayer arrangement there.
So far I've been flying around for about an hour on my own, which is alright but it would be fun if a few others turned up.

Jumped in. That was fun... but too short!

Does this mean we can skip tomorrow? Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Nah mate - can't skip tomorrow, no exemptions.
Unfortunately, I have to take Junior to work to start at 0900, so we'll have to "wing it" without him.

Did your online Phoenix session cut out? -- just noticed that you'd left the session, but I had no network connection. Should be right again now though.

See you tomorrow?

Steve Murray

(12-03-2011, 11:07 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Did your online Phoenix session cut out? -- just noticed that you'd left the session, but I had no network connection. Should be right again now though.

After a few minutes, it looked like you'd dropped off (and I became session host). Couldn't see a new session immediately after that, or now..

Looks like it could be a blast on rainy weekend mornings.

(12-03-2011, 11:07 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  See you tomorrow?

I'm planning on heading down.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Terrible News everyone FrownFrownFrown
I just had a phone call from the owner of the house that I live in and he happily informed me that after careful consideration, he was going to sell it and we have approximatly 8 weeks to vacate the premises. As a result, the project of doing the PRCAC flying field for the various Flight Sims has effectivly been put on hold.

All is not lost however, I have made the files available for anyone who wants to have a go at taking over for me. I have made 2 files available, the first is PRCAC v1.rar which contains the original 360x180 degree panorama that I was working with, the Cube Faces that Phoenix RC Creater requires and the PXQ file which is the project file that is loaded into Phoenix Creater.

The second file I have made available is PRCAC 360 Pano.rar which contaile the new 360x180 much nicer panorama, as well as the cube faces. This was going the be the new pano I was going to use in the above project.

The links for the files are:

PRCAC v1.rar is http://www.mediafire.com/?hk5epatsfmkaoan
PRCAC 360 Pano.rar is http://www.mediafire.com/?2nrhgbrg2yl4i5i

All of these files should be available at http://www.mediafire.com/prcac
Sorry guys, but hopefully I'll be back once everything settles down. In the mean time, if any one wishes to take over, they are more than welcome to do so.

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Ahh well, its unfortunate. but thanks for sharing and inspireing us into getting in to more sim time.
Thanks also for shareing your hard work and the source files as well, im sure that we can at least get to gether with enough neurons to work this thing out.

Sorry to hear your news Mick.
Hope you find something suitable very soon.
Sim can wait you have much more important things on your mind.
cheers

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Yep - that sucks, sorry to hear it Mick.
You're a champ for doing all the work you've already contributed though. I'll have a crack at continuing it on, but in the mean time, I hope things work out for you domestically and we see you back at the field soon!

Steve Murray

I must be doing something wrong as i cannot get the PRCAC field into PhoenixRC. I have extracted it as written into the correct folder in my documents but when i'm in the program, it does not list the field.

I am using the $20 dongle from Dealextreme that comes with the Phoenix RC software, albeit version3.0.r.
Everything else works fine, just cant get the PRCAC field up!

I did look into the root floder, under environments and the field files seem to be .dds whereas Mick's files are .pqx files and .jpg?

Any suggestions?

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Mick did provide the .dds files - they're in two separate sub-folders called "high" and "medium" for their resolutions of course. These should have the images in them and they should be placed in the same directory as the .pxf file and three others.
It sounds to me like you've got Micks development files, not the ones that he was releasing as the useable version.

Steve Murray

Right onthe money mate, i down loaded PRCAC v1 which are obviously his working files. Found PRCAC and now all works fine.

Cheers Mate

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Mick - I've been trying to find the time to add a little to the great work you did on the collision objects.

One problem that I've noticed is that when I open up the files for editing with Phoenix Creator, the panorama view and the collision objects are both kind-of rotationally offset from one another. I was expecting to see the two overlay properly, but there seems to be about a 120 degree angular difference between the two. Have you seen anything like that happening in your edits?

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

(18-04-2011, 09:16 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Mick - I've been trying to find the time to add a little to the great work you did on the collision objects.

One problem that I've noticed is that when I open up the files for editing with Phoenix Creator, the panorama view and the collision objects are both kind-of rotationally offset from one another. I was expecting to see the two overlay properly, but there seems to be about a 120 degree angular difference between the two. Have you seen anything like that happening in your edits?

Cheers,
Steve

No, I've never come across that before. It seems rather odd. I think it's possible to rotate the panorama around the center point. I think there is a point called "Orintation" or "Pano Orientation" or some such. When you raise it up or down it distorts the pano to match the horizon but you can rotate it at well to spin the whole pano around the center point. You may need to do that to bring the whole lot back into line.
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

Thanks mate - I'll give that a try next time.

Steve Murray

I have my dongle enroute to give it a go. If it really is as good as you guys make it out to be I'll buy it!

(18-04-2011, 09:16 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  One problem that I've noticed is that when I open up the files for editing with Phoenix Creator, the panorama view and the collision objects are both kind-of rotationally offset from one another.

Steve, are you sure that is not parallax error from misaligned eyeballs? (beer joke). Wired

Dave

Good thinking Dave - I'll repeat the test after a skin-full and see if that helps Wink

Steve Murray

I've had a close inspection and the field is dry, hard and the grass is nice and short here in PhoenixRC. THe sun is out and there's just a touch of wind.

I'm doing landing practive but you're welcome to visit with whatever you've got. Smile

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Prcac Phoenix File Guys.

Just Download and extract to your Programs Folder, Phoenix Folder,Resources, enviroment.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-f36c9b65.html

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(12-06-2012, 07:49 PM)samste Wrote:  Here is the Prcac Phoenix File Guys.

Just Download and extract to your Programs Folder, Phoenix Folder,Resources, enviroment.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-f36c9b65.html

Steve

Steve, The link has expired. Can you repost please? I am happy to host this permanently if you like on my server...

Here is the Prcac Phoenix File Guys.

http://www.filedropper.com/prcac

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Much appreciated Steve. Been waiting for this for a while. Now if only I can land it correctly I would be happy....5 attempts so far and still trying lol.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

(29-07-2013, 09:36 AM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Much appreciated Steve. Been waiting for this for a while. Now if only I can land it correctly I would be happy....5 attempts so far and still trying lol.

Not a Problem didn't realise the link was removed as it was in active for so long.

The Real Thankyou should be Go to Man Himself Mick (Kedumba) as he was the builder of the Program and he did a great Job of it, for all us Guys To use.
THanks Again Mick Smile

Steve Smile

Well done Mick (kedumba) and many thanks.

It would be great if you could mow the strip longer lol.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

I thought we had a copy hosted locally, Turns out I started setting it up in 2011 and never got around to finishing it!

Well here it is!

http://www.rcflyingclub.com/downloads/PRCAC.rar

That link should never expire

(29-07-2013, 07:24 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Well done Mick (kedumba) and many thanks.

It would be great if you could mow the strip longer lol.

Thanks Chris.

The image used is way out of date and slightly skewed so it's not a 100% perfect match for the field.

I do have vague plans to re-photograph the field with a better pano rig and re-doing the whole thing so it better reflects what we currently fly with, however before I can do that I need to build a better rig. The first rig I built used an old broomstick and a few scrap bits of wood I had laying around cobbled together with a couple of rusty nails!

I do have (again vague) plans of re-doing the field for Phoenix and I'd like to have a go at doing one for Real-Flight as well. Don't hold your breath though, it may be a while in coming!

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF

I think its worth giving a Google Photosphere a shot if I ever get down to the field, they're pretty high res