Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blacktown fly-in - 27th March

Anyone interested in this? -- I was thinking of heading over there to see how things operated ... just for interest's sake. Haven't actually flown at any field other than our own and perhaps it might be worthwhile to get some experience on another patch.

Details: Sunday 27th March
Gates open: 0800
Pilot's entry fee: $15 (includes lunch!)

Steve Murray

(08-03-2011, 02:01 AM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Anyone interested in this? -- I was thinking of heading over there to see how things operated ... just for interest's sake.

I was thinking of going just to have a look. Need to be there early as I have another engagement at Dural around noon.

Also if the weather is good this Wednesday morning will try to do a bit of flying at the field between 8 and 10pm.

KevB

I wouldnt mind droping in to check the place out and have a fly.
That will depend on work commitments as usual.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

There was a fly-in at Blacktown club 26-27 Feb but that was for helis. Seems there is another one in March but you have to look hard to find any details on-line. I kept getting hits on Google for the fly-in from a couple of weekends back.
----
Ok, got it. http://www.bacinc.org/
I'd like to go out just to see the aircraft on show.

I have made a standing offer to do their site up, seems they're not interested.

hey steve i will check what i have on and let you know as i wouldnt mind going down for a fly at a different field, is owen going?

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Yeh Kev, the both of us will be heading over there. I'm not sure whether he'll be flying though, because I don't think we have his MAAA card yet.

Btw, I didn't get to the field on the weekend just gone, to give you that servo. Should be OK this coming weekend though, if you're going to be there.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

I may come along and see whats happening.
Will decide when nearer the time

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

(08-03-2011, 06:54 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  I have made a standing offer to do their site up, seems they're not interested.

I just checked out their website.
It's crap, I recon they really need your help.

Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

This is the web-site that someone on RCGroups pointed to ...

http://www.bacinc.org/

Steve Murray

(09-03-2011, 06:16 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  This is the web-site that someone on RCGroups pointed to ...

http://www.bacinc.org/

Yeh thats it Steve ..... and its crap

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(08-03-2011, 09:13 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Yeh Kev, the both of us will be heading over there. I'm not sure whether he'll be flying though, because I don't think we have his MAAA card yet.

Btw, I didn't get to the field on the weekend just gone, to give you that servo. Should be OK this coming weekend though, if you're going to be there.
Cheers,
Steve

If you have your receipt to say that you have paid, that is just as good as your MAAA card.

MT

(11-03-2011, 12:50 PM)mickey t Wrote:  
(08-03-2011, 09:13 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Yeh Kev, the both of us will be heading over there. I'm not sure whether he'll be flying though, because I don't think we have his MAAA card yet.

Cheers,
Steve

If you have your receipt to say that you have paid, that is just as good as your MAAA card.

MT

Hmm - thanks Mickey, I hadn't thought of that.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

Receipts will be organised for any that need them should the MAAA cards not arrive.

Nice one Kizza - that will do perfectly!

Steve Murray

would i need my gold wings if i decided i wanted to fly the pc9 on that day?

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

No

(12-03-2011, 04:52 PM)~KevJ~ Wrote:  would i need my gold wings if i decided i wanted to fly the pc9 on that day?
Good! - I love that plane in the air Kev. See you tomorrow?...

Steve Murray

Well, it turned out to be a top day!

We had a light shower of rain at about 9:00am which had us a bit concerned but it disappeared and it was on with the flying. A constant stream of take-offs and landings until about 2:30pm when a heavier shower had us calling it a day (though some of the others stayed on).

Met quite a few people, including some guys from the Penrith Club who were great to talk to - Owen flew our P-51D in a mock dogfight with an Fw-190 owned by one of them. The 190 was an uprated GWS model with a Parkzone front end - it was too fast for our Mustang! There was a really good turn-out with some blokes bringing six or more models each. JohnC flew his B-36 Peacemaker which was on static display at Oz Day as well. There was a bit of everything there - scale warbirds, gliders, old-timers, EDFs, 3D, sports ...

Too bad KevJ couldn't be there with his PC-9 because it would have really sizzled in the extra space that was available - maybe next time.

A great day - thanks to the Blacktown crew for putting on an excellent do!

Steve Murray

Here here...
A very good day, as Steve said Kev you would have loved the space. My Sukhoi 50 looked lost in the sky.
A lot of the aircraft there were Heaps bigger than anything in our club.
One guy had a Spitfire 90 that was absolutly magnificent, Andrew you would have loved it... the amazing thing is it landed on a dime without flaps.
Thanks to the guys from Blacktown Club, looking forward to getting invited back.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6