Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maiden Flight Reports

Thanks Steve. It may make an appearance, or, I might just get one for up here too Wink This one is currently living down in Tas.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Nice report Steven

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Well, I've done it again. My wife asked what I wanted for our 5year anniversary and since she is getting a new Diamond Ring.... You guessed it I wanted another BIG plane, and I it's ordered.
Banana Hobbies where the best price reeven with delivery... will see it early next year.

http://www.bananahobby.com/super-b-25-mi...-prd1.html
http://www.xtremehobby.ashop.com.au/p/82...d-pnp.html

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Wow that's a nice looking scale model.

There is just something about the B25 Mitchel !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

looks nice George.
I've been closely looking at the Black Horse Mitchell B25, very nearly hit the buy now
button just the other day.
It's only about 1600mm span but it's Balsa/ply construction and covered in Oracover.
Since I started working with Darren and his monster B17 I've gotten the big bomber bug Smile
I already have a 1600mm B24 Liberator to build.
Space to house these are fast becoming a problem for me though.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

looking forward to seeing that one in the air mate , these big scale planes are 2nd to none and there's always something better about a built up one .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Nice plane George. 6kg? You might need those disc wheel brakes.

That has the perfect christmas party lolly dropping solution yet!! The bomb bay doors look cool.

Gday George

Hope that all works out ok, Banana Hobbies have a very very bad reputation. Some of the forums I have read have comments about them that would possibly make Gazz blush.

Cheers
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

Rob.. Rob.. Rob.. Rob.. Rob..... I find that very hard to believe.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

G'day Gazz

No seriously, the issues that you had with the uber cockroach Sukhoi are minor compared to what Banana can allegedly kick out if the forum comments are to be believed.
Diabolical stuff.

Cheers
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

Date: 31/1/13 about lunchtime
Plane: Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra Micro
Wind: Light but developing, occasional gusts

I have been getting a bit sick of how my weekends are disappearing without much of a chance to get my flight skills up, and there is a fair bit of open space where I work. Hence a ultra-micro that should get me a bit more comfortable.

Plane is a typical Parkzone UM - all in the box, ready to go. Came with a 1S charger for the small LiPo. Charged battery, bound, ready to go. Has optional landing gear which I decided not to attach - the grass is not up to scratch for those wheels, and belly landing should be ok.

Plane took off fine and generally flew well. Plane had issues with really wanting the nose to go up under power, but trimming generally fixed that and plane was perfect as a glider. Also suspect that the wind was making the nose lift a fair bit too.

Landings were generally fine too. Got one a bit off that put a very tiny crease in a wing, but that was a result of wingtip hitting the ground first (pilot error).

Am planning to get a few batteries for this and really work it through its paces for getting to bronze wing standard. Based on its flying today, its going to teach me a lot about the switch from 3Ch to 4Ch.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)