Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maiden Flight Reports

Congratulations on the cherry-flight Dave!
Hope you find the extra vegemite - looking forward to seeing it.

Steve Murray

After a significant wait for parts, this beast was ready for a re-maiden with a new cowl, new prop and surgically repaired wing. Actually the damage from the trip into the trees ended up being quite minor and waiting for the chinese boat was the hardest bit. It almost got maidened half built - which would've been a mistake.

I took the tentative stand and asked Jason to assist on a trainer cord to facilitate handover if required. I went for a nice slow andlow take-off and it only needed a little up-trim and a touch of right aileron to get it to glide around at just over half throttle. We did about 3 nice easy level circuits before practicing approaches.

The first couple were super high (nerve induced). On the last, the motor cut out whn I went to 1/3 throttle and didn't come back until I was feeding in almost 2/3. We opted to glide it down to a nice and comfortable landing.

On inspection, the motor was too hot to touch and had been rubbing somewhere. When I took the prop and cowl off to inspect, it seems that just about all the magnets have detatced themselves and were rubbing on the back of the motor. The speedy was happy so it must've been the friction and not current drawn that caused the heat.

For the brief time it was in the air, it was handling nicely and with a sattelite receiver, there were no problems with losing control over the trees.

Thanks Jason for being my backup. I could feel my right thumb twitching on the aileron stick during the flight but thanks to significant expo, it didn't upset the craft Smile.

Sadly, that will be the last flight this plane has in Sydney. Once the magnets are stuck fast, I'll try to post from Adelaide with the details of a more adventurous flight.

Drew

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

(19-11-2011, 06:03 PM)Skidz Wrote:  several cornflakes later...
[Very nice looking plane in Red/White US Navy trim. Easy to see].

Indeed, it looks a lot bigger in that picture than I expected. Must be all the cornflakes Smile /runs

Congrats on the maiden Dave (I reckon that red/white trim can't be beat), and the remaiden Drew (hoping the MX2 behaves itself in Adelaide). Wish I'd seen 'em both!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Finally maidened my Dynam Meteor today out at PEMAC.

I have it setup completely stock and was actually impressed at the performance, it flew alot nicer than my hotted up habu ever has and I was comfortable knife edging it down the runway after 2 passes!! Its not a missile but has plenty of power for the sport flying I want to do with it.

She's definitely a keeper and I will spend the night fixing her up for (Hopefully) long term use. The factory glue was melting in the sun today and I was denied a 3rd flight because bits started falling off!

I will re-glue all control horns and latches and tape up the hinges but apart from that I plan to keep it stock for now.

Tossing up what to do with whats left of the habu and its power train now...

(29-11-2011, 10:42 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Finally maidened my Dynam Meteor today out at PEMAC.

I have it setup completely stock and was actually impressed at the performance, it flew alot nicer than my hotted up habu ever has and I was comfortable knife edging it down the runway after 2 passes!! Its not a missile but has plenty of power for the sport flying I want to do with it.

She's definitely a keeper and I will spend the night fixing her up for (Hopefully) long term use. The factory glue was melting in the sun today and I was denied a 3rd flight because bits started falling off!

I will re-glue all control horns and latches and tape up the hinges but apart from that I plan to keep it stock for now.

Tossing up what to do with whats left of the habu and its power train now...

Its Good to Hear the Habu Replacment Flies Well. I like the Color Scheme , its very Visible and Bright.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Aircraft -HK Decathlon .46 EP 62.6"
Specs - G60 500kv
- Plush 80amp esc
- MAS 3 blade 10x7 prop
- Zippy 5S 5000mah 30C
- BMS 631MG 5kg Servos
- Orange RX & Satelite

Airfield - Area 51
Conditions - Slight breeze
Expo - 60% all round

Pre-fights checks complete with COG right on the wing spar.
Take off was very nice at 3/4 throttle with ever so slight elevator applied, prepared for simple circuit with a bank to the left, minor trim required on the ailerons. Then i attempted to level out and whooska! nose pointed to ground and had to react quickly to bring back to a level flight path (You can see this in the maiden video). Had to adjust to the sensativity of the elevator for the remainder of the flight, rather used air speed to adjust elevation. Noticed after the crazy dip that the tail was dragging apon turns, either COG shifted during flight or need to move battery further foward. Completed a few more curcuits and prepared for landing, glide approach was smooth with the Decathlon floating very nicely to the ground, touch down was uneventful.
Post flight check found that my throws set-up on the rear surfaces were "extreme" and i have to wind them down to about 33mm as shown in manual. COG was still around the wing spar but have more room to move the battery forward about 15mm which should do the trick.

I have an eye for Decathlons and have to say this is my absolute favourite.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

(13-11-2011, 10:36 PM)Jungle Wrote:  Took the Dynam Meteor up today ...

Overall. Its a nice model, CofG seems correct and response is reasonable if not a little slower than i expected.
Need to get it back into the air on a calmer day for a better appreciation.

Had my second attempt at the Meteor this arvo. 2 flights both on 4S 3300 nano.

I reduced the elevator throw (everyone mods it for more) and gave it 40% expo. Also gave the rudder some more authority.
Sooooo much nicer, windy conditions to last time but a different plane to different plane to fly this time.

Its quite slippery and doesn't slow down well, so you need to allow for the momentum it carries, but others, did some very low full throttle inverted passes with ease, stall turns, flick rolls, spin(piss weak but winds up really well) & knife edge passes. ]
As Kieren has noted, it's not real fast but has plenty of thrust for for vertical or whatever you want.
Landings from a "jet circuit" are simple and can be flown with virtually now power to touch down with ease.
Had the nose wheel come loose on the final landing but otherwise incident or hassle freeBiggrin
Great cheap plane for fun.

DX8
Skyartec- Skyfun x3
HK- Minimoa
Airfield- P51 - weak main landing gear struts, bends easily on landing.
Freewing- F86- on my second
ParkZone T-28- sooooo cool
Dynam Meteor

HET- Me163(in hangar building)

Awaiting build
Freewing SU-34

Kills F-86, T-33,L-39, Skyfunx2

Date: 08 Jan 12
Conditions: Zero wind, overcast but good visibility, moderate strip condition
Aircraft: Durafly T-28B Trojan (1100 mm wingspan, 910 mm length)

Can we have too many Trojans? - I don't think so!
I couldn't resist this one recently when PopeyePete noticed it on the HK "New Items" page and brought it to our attention in our forum. Assembly was mainly straightforward but only because I had a good idea of what was going on - a complete beginner would have a terrible time with the lightweight instructions. The parts, fit, and overall quality are excellent though - I'll install a spare PZ Trojan pilot later to complete it. I spent a while putting fuel-tubing on clevises (which was missing on the flaps and ailerons), tweaking the zero positions of the control surfaces and double-checking everything during assembly and before flight.
It's impossible not to make comparisons with the PZ Trojan: The PZ model has 20mm greater wingspan, and is 5mm longer but weighs 880g stock, as opposed to the Durafly model's quoted 1260g weight!!!! So, the wing-loading is clearly higher. This was foremost in my mind at takeoff. A static test last night showed 330W at full throttle so it clearly had enough power at about 130W per 500g.
There is only about 20mm clearance between the prop and the ground, so I was a bit worried about that too. I set up the throws to make it pretty docile, especially the flaps which only have about 15Deg of deflection. A CoG check with the Zippy Flightmax batteries I had showed it to be about 5mm on the nose-heavy side (I thought that was good for a maiden).

Enough bullshit.

I cranked it up and away it went. The first evidence of its higher wing-loading was the longer than expected takeoff roll. Once up it was solid and well-behaved. The retracts worked perfectly. It has a high roll-rate compared to the PZ on similar throws and it will climb easily. I was flying most of the maiden at about 70% throttle and it was still happy to roll quickly without losing height and looped effortlessly. Low passes at full-bore with the gear up looked great! I got some height and hit the flaps, a slight nose-up but nothing alarming.
Landing was easy, but I didn't use the flaps on the first flight (I wasn't sure how much elevator to mix in). With the higher wing-loading it likes to use most of the strip which is not unexpected. Once I get accustomed to the flaps, this will be more manageable. Obviously with the extra weight, it doesn't float in like the PZ one, but it is nice and steady and predictable anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Overall impression: I love Trojans and this one is very classy for a very modest price!

Update: I've been flying this on 4S 1800 mAh batteries lately, as opposed to the 3S 2200 mAh that is the stock recommendation. I replaced the 35A ESC with a 45A Aeolian ESC I had available because I wanted to keep the nice scale stock prop. It really rips across the sky now, and has unlimited vertical - great fun, but you've got to concentrate because it's not at all like the PZ Trojan in this configuration. It's easy to fly it in a completely un-scale manner, rolling at a ridiculous rate for example. I know that the real Trojan could actually do 629 km/h which is almost 400 mph and is pretty quick for a large machine like that - so I've now got to learn how to try and fly it fast to mimic a full-scale plane at top speed, yet keep the manoeuvres scale. Good fun and highly recommended!

Steve Murray

Nice write up, I think I want one

Ta Kizza - well, it seems to me to be "a lot of plane for not much money".
If you like, you can have a fly of ours beforehand and see what you think!

Steve Murray

Hey, you nicked my plane? Or am I seeing double?

It's much smaller Dave - but a directly scaled-down version in most respects.

Steve Murray

Maidened the PBY around 10 a.m. today. Full power hand launch and it just climbed out nicely. Bit of blustery wind tossed it around a little. Second flight was good (nerves had settled down). It looked the part in the air. Now have to do the black paint job.

Field was a bit damp but not as bad as yesterday's photos showed.

Nice work John - glad to hear about this. A couple of questions if I may ...

1. Was the recommended CoG position satisfactory in your opinion?
2. Do you think it might slide along the ground and takeoff by itself?

I'm happy that it went well - there are several of these models owned by members in the club and it's good to know the ins-and-outs.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

FMS P-40
- 1400 mm wing span
- 2.2kg flying weight
- foam construction
- 4 cell 3000 mAh battery
- 20g ballast added to nose
Had its maiden flight this morning at McCoy, the conditions were just about right in my book - little to no wind, nice runway and not to dull given the cloudy conditions.
First roll down runway indicated I need more elevator or it is nose heavy - it got to take-off speed and still wanted to nose over. Aborted take-off & adjusted sub trim with more up elevator.
Second attempt we got into the air, roll trim not bad but rates too high for initial flight testing, elevator still required a lot of trimming (lots of back stick needed to hold her level) and rudder OK. Retracts worked well and flaps didn't make her balloon although I had mixed in 10% of down elevator. Trimmed her as best I could while flying and did some circuits and couple of rolls then decided to make an approach to land. Flaps lowered and gear down she flew quite level (no nose up attitude), came in from western end of strip with next to no throttle but with good speed, she floated by the pilot box 30cm off the ground then rolled out and nosed over (typical tail dragger warbird).
As I had not used all the battery I went for another take-off after adjusting the sub-trims (more up elevator) and reducing the rates on aileron (low rate only). This time I rolled out she turned left off to the edge of the strip so I again aborted the take-off but she did just get airborne - a little hard landing on the right leg resulted.
Adjusted the sub-trim on the rudder and then took off without a problem, she climbed very scale like and did a single of circuits without incident, still trimming her and gear down. Came into land with flaps and she floated nicely down the runway and again nosed over.
Conclusion, I may have too much ballast on the nose and the retracts are playing up - one is stuck down while the other is not running smoothly at all. Plus I need to research the ESC to see if anyone has had issues with it.

Chris M

I think the Retracts in all the Fms 1.4 plus size are not up to scratch and many people have issues with them.
George also suggest to me to replace them with the hobbyking version which i already ordered as a replacement that fit straight in.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=12883

Not sure if they will fit your p40, but they are the right fit for my mustang.

I have remaiden mine with the lipo in the right position and flys well now and even gave it a whirl with 5s and its flys sweet and no probs otherwise.
Just Retracts let it Down.

As for the Esc mine a 65 amp version and i had to leave throttle up when i first energised till i heard it beep twice then throttle down to set throttle curve. or it wouldn't throttle up.

But i left all the rest as is.

Steve

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

G'day Chris

Good to hear the p40 has had a flight.
I can commentate you out of a landing noseover on the day if required.

Also, I realised I have reason to submit a maiden flight report for my Spitfire however I didn't see the maiden nor was the pilot 100% aware that it was indeed a maiden flight. This leaves me in quite a predicament.

Cheers
Rob B

Interesting day Saturday Rob. BB looped the Airwolf. Cool as a cucumber he was.

Kieran maidened your Spitty Sunday. I picked it as a cherry flight (psychic I am). Kieran did a superb job flying it M1 when he probably preferred it to be M2. Almost a scratch on landing when KV cut the accelerator instead of the elevator. The Spitty recovered well so I reckon your elevator throws are set just fine!

G'day Dave

Kieran told me about the spitty flight when he dropped her off.
It was easy to set up because I had Andrews to compare to.
Was not surprised she flew well in Kieran's capable hands.
Speaking of Andrew, I also had a report from him that the practice flight with airwolf at the field was fantastic.
A loop was not mentioned. Lol

Cheers
Rob B

Now you know why he said it was fantastic Shock

Oh yeah, Rob, by the way......I looped the Airwolf! Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

"George also suggest to me to replace them with the hobbyking version which i already ordered as a replacement that fit straight in.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=12883

Not sure if they will fit your p40, but they are the right fit for my mustang."

Hi Steve,
I think the H-King retracts will fit my P-40 however the rotation on the P40 maybe an issue, but I have no option but to give it a try.

I pulled the retract apart this arvo to see if I could fix it. I found that the so called worm drive shaft (aka M2 screw thread) was bent like a dogs hind leg. I straightened it as best I could and it works although not very smooth and I am not sure for how long. This shaft is so soft and possibly made of brass so any load transmitted through undercarriage is going to bend it again - even with the softest of landings will damage it to some degree.

Chris M

(24-01-2012, 09:29 PM)chrism Wrote:  I pulled the retract apart this arvo to see if I could fix it. I found that the so called worm drive shaft (aka M2 screw thread) was bent like a dogs hind leg. I straightened it as best I could and it works although not very smooth and I am not sure for how long. This shaft is so soft and possibly made of brass so any load transmitted through undercarriage is going to bend it again - even with the softest of landings will damage it to some degree.
Chris M
Hmm - interesting. Not reassuring, but interesting.

Steve Murray

This is the Hobby king DH-100 Vampire. Front Retract collapsed so had to be a Hand launch. the Video shows how it flew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=O6PolONRH4g

I had two more flight after with 50% expo on the ailerons to tame it down more, longer approach and a push down on the elevator for a good landing. sorry no video of the better flights.. will fix the retracts and take a better one next time.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

The little Skyartec Cessna I picked up from Steve @ Christmas finally got in the air. It's first attempt at taxiing was a bit challenged by the "long" (10mm) grass and the little wheels. However, it had a habit of tipping left, tripping over the fron wheel. I did this twice before the flaps servo (I did not have flaps on and they are inboard to the wing, separate from the ailerons) began to whine - it had a stripped servo. THis before it even got to see any action (I had tested it and adjusted throws and centering but not in flight).

A minute or three on the workbeck saw a HXT900 replace it (about 1mm taller but no stress there).

Today, the tinital takeoff didn't happen. Again the tipping but more aileron input during taxiing fixed that. After doing some high spped ground circuits where the plane just wouldn't take off, I tried again with flaps half deployed. A more satisfying flight that resulted in successful taekoff bur serious nose-dives whenever I tried to remove the flaps (even with full elevator trim).

Otherwise it was a reasonably uneventful and well-behaved flight. We're all used to having a bit more power/weight but this craft was "appropriately" powered and could pull a loop but not "unlimited-vertical" Smile.

A nice safe float into landing resulted in the nose tipping over as the front wheel instantly caught in the "long" grass (previously mentioned).

The motor was noticed to be loose on the mount and the cowel was removed to re-tighten but the wind had come up so a second flight was cancelled for the day.

Recommendations:
bigger wheels - sadly the pants may have to be sacrificed.
consider carefully the CofG or wing incidence
there are FOUR screws in the cowl (ask me how I found out) - two are UNDER the stickers.

Overall, I think this will be a suitable trainer for my son once I can coax it to take off easily.

Drew

Code:
Built-up
Balsa:                            Commercial:           Depron:
Great Planes PT-20 (modified)     HK Hawk 80            Index 3
Indoor Thingy                     Skyartec Cessna 182  
Katana X lite (in construction)   UM SU-26              12"WS Shoestring (Plantraco)
                                  HK Extra 260
and a Fox chuck glider converted to RC

(21-12-2011, 09:36 AM)popeyepete Wrote:  Aircraft -HK Decathlon .46 EP 62.6"
Specs - G60 500kv
- Plush 80amp esc
- MAS 3 blade 10x7 prop
- Zippy 5S 5000mah 30C
- BMS 631MG 5kg Servos
- Orange RX & Satelite

Airfield - Area 51
Conditions - Slight breeze
Expo - 60% all round

Pre-fights checks complete with COG right on the wing spar.
Take off was very nice at 3/4 throttle with ever so slight elevator applied, prepared for simple circuit with a bank to the left, minor trim required on the ailerons. Then i attempted to level out and whooska! nose pointed to ground and had to react quickly to bring back to a level flight path (You can see this in the maiden video). Had to adjust to the sensativity of the elevator for the remainder of the flight, rather used air speed to adjust elevation. Noticed after the crazy dip that the tail was dragging apon turns, either COG shifted during flight or need to move battery further foward. Completed a few more curcuits and prepared for landing, glide approach was smooth with the Decathlon floating very nicely to the ground, touch down was uneventful.
Post flight check found that my throws set-up on the rear surfaces were "extreme" and i have to wind them down to about 33mm as shown in manual. COG was still around the wing spar but have more room to move the battery forward about 15mm which should do the trick.

I have an eye for Decathlons and have to say this is my absolute favourite.

Took the bird out for another attempt on Saturday, again weird characteristics during flight. When throttled up the tail dropped and i was flying straight up, half throttle and she was fine, nice and level?
I'm assuming its to do with the motor angle???
Turns were were sloppy, rudder was necessary for turns, i'm not used to that.....

Question - are the wing struts necessary or are they aesthestic??

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Took the bird out for another attempt on Saturday, again weird characteristics during flight. When throttled up the tail dropped and i was flying straight up, half throttle and she was fine, nice and level?
I'm assuming its to do with the motor angle???
Turns were were sloppy, rudder was necessary for turns, i'm not used to that.....

Question - are the wing struts necessary or are they aesthestic??
[/quote]

Sounds so much like my 1800mm wingspan Piper. not as bad behaving, but drag its tail in turns and have to use rudder. I'm in the process of changing motors and prop. I'll use any tips you get for help.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Hi Pete
Two Possible causes for this thrust angle and cog.

1- Thrust Angle needs to go slightly down. (washer spaces ?)
2- Cog needs to be more nose heavy temp fit lead weights with tape and do a circuit and add more or less .

Spent Several hours Yesterday re doing Bob's Glider new motor etc and Jason added $1.50 to Nose (3x 50cents)
The Extra Weight Fixed the pull ups on power.
I Remember my Island Hopper i had 2200ma 3s at Nose to get it to Fly straight on Full Throttle as well as my Cessna 1.5m i had 4s 5800ma lipo at the front to weigh it down or it would tail Drag on turns too with a lighter lipo.

I should be Down On Saturday Hopefully, i can Give you a hand if you want.

Steve

you can program alittle rudder into you ailerons if you dont like manual input constantly, this will bring the tail round nice for you if it ends up being a permanent flight characteristic of that aircraft.. see how ya go..

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Maiden Flight: Seb Art Sukhoi 140
Weather at Penrith: 25'C Blue sky 5 knot Westerly.
Carried out a range test and all was OK.
Plugged in the 10S 5000 battery with a loud crack (which is good)
Throttled up to about 50% and the aircraft left the ground in about 12 meters with almost no elevator input, as it climbed out I added 2 clickes down elevator and it settled into what seemed almost effortless flight. A touch of aileron saw it respond just as I am used to its little brother doing and it turned a nice smooth level turn that needed only a tiny bit of elevator to hold altitude.The smooth and powerful wine from the big Hacker at 50% sounded an absolute treat as it passed back down wind. I did another 2 circuits and no other trimming was necessary.
With my confidence in the aircraft growing as it flew as sure footed as all Seb Arts seem to, I did a few snap rolls and a full rudder/aileron snap and its behaviour was almost predictable.
After 4 minutes I droped down for a practice approach to check its low speed characteristics.
At less than 25% throttle it was not interested in coming back to earth so about 30 meters out from the runway I killed the throttle completely, it still didn't want to come down, at a speed that was starting to concern me I added a little down evevator and it finally loss its battle with gravity and settled back to earth with even less effort and fuss than take off.
After 4 minutes 30 seconds in the air the ESC was cold the battery was cold and the big Hacker was only just warm.
I have never had such a text book maiden.
Dave has the flight on high res video courtesy of his blackberry so as soon as I get a copy I will post it.
Needless to say, I am absolutley overwhelmed.
What a awsome plane.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!