Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Xtreme Hobby

Probably about time that Dept. of Fair Trading got involved.

I haven't ordered anything from them because of all the problems I hear from club members but I have a friend in Canberra who did and got the usual run around for months.

Good luck with it.

(13-02-2013, 06:34 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  
(13-02-2013, 06:01 PM)redtail Wrote:  Icon_evilwell this little guy to my left kinda sums it up how I feel about Xtreme hobby in Brissy,ordered a fuselage over 4 weeks ago.told it was in stock,then after a week I thought whats going on because any thing I get from NSW only takes a week, so Email them and rang and got nothing.the second week same again,Email ,rang and finely got e email saying Ill get on to it {Chad},well that didnt happen,all I wanted was a explanation to as why I haven't got my parcel,well after more calls { which you can not get through on } an Emails Im still waiting,after contacting them on facebook and leaving a massage he sent me a email telling me hes in the warehouse found my part and is posting it right away,now a week after that I still wait,also can not contact him on facebook now,so I have found this forum and joined and seen some of your members complaints,I am on a few forum's and do enjoy all the info you can get and give ,this is not how I wanted to start but hope it helps someone thinking of buying from EXTREME HOBBY BRISBANE

welcome to the forums . info like this is appreciated to me anyways , so thanks i dont think i'll use them , in this thread there are 2 alternative suppliers of fms parts , it's ashame extreme hobby seem to be consistant with this treatment of customers .

They vigorously defended themselves earlier in this thread before giving up when so many came up with counter-defence examples. I am surprised that they have not taken heed of complaints & improved their competency in timely updating on-line stock levels. Keeping customers in the dark about replentishment delays is also poor business practice, this practice can only make their business suffer & eventually lead to their demise. Word of mouth advertising is both the best & worst advertising & nothing inbetween.

Have you paid by credit card?
If so call your bank and request a chargeback pursuant to goods or services not delivered. Your bank will then investigate with Extreme on your behalf and refund your payment to you if you story is true (not doubting you BTW).
Pretty sure paypal has a similar process if you have paid that way.

Cheers
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

(15-02-2013, 09:55 AM)robair Wrote:  Have you paid by credit card?
If so call your bank and request a chargeback pursuant to goods or services not delivered. Your bank will then investigate with Extreme on your behalf and refund your payment to you if you story is true (not doubting you BTW).
Pretty sure paypal has a similar process if you have paid that way.

Cheers
Rob B

Yes PayPal certainly does have a dispute process I've used it on a number of occasions with rouge sellers I find it easier to use than the credid cards dispute system. That's the main reason why I mostly use paypal for online transactions.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(13-02-2013, 06:01 PM)redtail Wrote:  Icon_evilwell this little guy to my left kinda sums it up how I feel about Xtreme hobby in Brissy,ordered a fuselage over 4 weeks ago.told it was in stock,then after a week I thought whats going on because any thing I get from NSW only takes a week, so Email them and rang and got nothing.the second week same again,Email ,rang and finely got e email saying Ill get on to it {Chad},well that didnt happen,all I wanted was a explanation to as why I haven't got my parcel,well after more calls { which you can not get through on } an Emails Im still waiting,after contacting them on facebook and leaving a massage he sent me a email telling me hes in the warehouse found my part and is posting it right away,now a week after that I still wait,also can not contact him on facebook now,so I have found this forum and joined and seen some of your members complaints,I am on a few forum's and do enjoy all the info you can get and give ,this is not how I wanted to start but hope it helps someone thinking of buying from EXTREME HOBBY BRISBANE
just a up date,its now 5 weeks and no communication,or parcel

STAY AWAY FROM XTREME HOBBY!!! I REPEAT: STAY AWAY FROM XTREME HOBBY!!

They are the most unscrupulous firm of any kind I have EVER dealt with. Similar situation, purchased a product which was supposed to arrive in two days. It didn't. Then I rang at three day intervals for the next two months. Seems that in the end they received a number of this stock but kept onselling it to other people - even after I had paid in full for mine!!!!

Now I'm trying to get a refund and it has taken 3 more months and still haven't got it even after weekly phonecalls from October 2012.

NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

EDIT: In the interest of working in good faith and looking forward I have removed the specifics of my particular experience and would rather focus on the feedback below.

Update 6th June 2013:

I had what I hope will be a beneficial conversation for everyone with Chad this morning. He was receptive to my experiences and observations and was extremely professional.

I say this as I do not want to mud a business or its personnel, but as a struggling repeat customer I do have a responsibility of accurately and calmly passing on my concerns.

Additionally, coming from a manufacturing and retail background I am more than aware of the challenges Australian small businesses are faced with. I’m not saying this to retract; rather I am happy to continue in good faith.

Without getting into specifics I suggested that there were two revenue streams, the "Mum & Dad" general hobbyists' and the addicted tragics (like me). For us tragics, if we want a $400 plus 6S model with 17 channels we would understand longer delivery times - we just want them communicated accurately.

In my example my order is a number of weeks away and because I want that model I am prepared to wait. Naturally if delivery exceeds the predicted due date I will enquire and expect feedback.

I don’t want to be a romantic but the reality is Australians should support local companies when they can, and in some cases for eclectic purchases this may have a different lead time.

The challenge for local business is that they have to combat the international option with great service, accurate information and after sales care. The challenge for customers it to enforce feedback civilly and constructively.

I look forward to smoother experiences in the future.

Hi Aaron
Sorry that your introduction to this great hobby has been though a supplier that is anything but....
I have to watch my P's and Q's with my responses to this particular group, I know of countless people who have delt with them that have had a similar experience, I am one of them. I purchased an aircraft from them a few years ago now and my experience was not much better than yours. It is hard enough to get an aircraft out of them in the time frame they suggest... if you have any issues with it during construction of flight testing then you might as well forget about it all together.
All you can do, as we have is tell everyone that you know not to deal with these people.
You commented that you are an Adelaide local I would suggest you try giving Model flight a call or check thier website... they might be a little more expensive but in my experience and many of our club members the service is excellent.
Hope you get in the sky soon
Regards
Gary
President
Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Honestly I didn't get through it all, we all know to stay away from that business, but I can I say the guys from Modelflight are the best in the business. Customer service is incredible! Dealings with them after receiving a damaged plane last week was almost worthy of a post on its own with email transcripts (but that would be gay).

Won't be too long before there will be only one business standing nationwide......

Please note I have edited my original post to advise the progress this morning.

Hi there, just saw this thread on a google search while doing some research about the owner of Xtreme Hobby and thought I would share my story of my dealings with Xtreme Hobby

I ordered a plane online from this store and

I am now into the third week of the 5th MONTH of waiting for my plane to arrive.

Whenever contacting the store, either through email or telephone, all I get is promises and excuses and outright lies.

After 3 MONTHS of being very patient and not pushy at all, I received the wrong plane, an inferior model not worth the amount that I paid. When I contacted the store they said sorry, it's Freewings fault, we will contact them and get straight back to you. I never heard from them again until I contacted them......4 WEEKS LATER!! (I left it that long to see if Chad would ever get back to me)

Then I said just give me my money back and pick up the wrong plane.
I just got all kinds of lies for a week and then I said again just give my money back and pick up the plane.
I was told, yes that's fine we will organise that and have it all done in the following week.

Well that week has gone by and the second week has gone by and I still haven't been refunded and I haven't even been sent a courtesy email to let me know what is going on or a phone call......this is how it goes throughout the whole process, so no surprises there.

They will just ignore you until you give up, then they just keep your money

I have dealt with many hobby shops in my 45 years and have never had any problems until now.

Before purchasing anything from this store, type "Xtreme Hobby Complaints" into google and read the many tales of misery from other RCers.

I just think other RC enthusiasts like myself should know what to expect, if they choose to buy from Xtreme Hobby
I just wish someone had warned me, before this whole nightmare began.

I see further down in this thread where they say they have donated this and that, easy to do when you get money for free from people!

Thanks for your time and Happy Flying

Its Extremely Unfortunate you having problems with Xtreme, and i know the extreme pain your having

Possibly you may need to go to Dept of Fair Trading since its a Australian Company they fall Under Australian Laws

Sad to here FrownFrown

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I am a wholesale customer from Victoria. Chad owes me over $300 going back about 5 months. He lost my first order last year and replaced it, then he lost my second order in May and hasn't replaced it, presuming of course that he actually did send it. Said he would return my money on multiple emails but the money never comes. It appears that Xtreme Hobby has closed down, leaving with it many unhappy customers who he owes money to or owes stock. There are dozens of complaints on various online forums. Every time I email him he says he's going to pay. Been waiting for months. Chad is a smooth talker when you give him your credit cards details but when you try to get a refund he's nowhere to be found. Time to get the law onto him. Anyone else had this problem?