Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Xtreme Hobby

As most of you know by now I'm in Brisbane until next Sunday.
If anyone wants anything picked up from Extreme Hobbies let me know by
next Thursday night. I can call into them on Friday Morning.
Obviously, something like a plane may be a bit too big to
bring back with my luggage with Virgin Blue but just about anything else
should be ok.
http://www.xtremehobby.com.au

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Forsooth!
Cease & desist from purchasing any wares from this establishment, they care not about anything except money in the front door.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Hey Gazza,

Whatsa happening? Sounds like youv've been burnt - please explain!

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Lol........Smile
I expected that response from you Garry.
I myself will not be buying anything from up here
as I'm saving my pennies for my new plane but just thought
I would offer to help out anyone who is.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

(14-11-2010, 07:24 PM)dingy Wrote:  Hey Gazza,

Whatsa happening? Sounds like youv've been burnt - please explain!

Tally-ho Ingo,
I will regale you with my tail of woe at the field. Its quite a yarn.
Believe me they are a bunch of unsavory gentlemen.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

So Gazz - I guess that's one less christmas card we have to worry about eh? Wink

Steve Murray

Hi Guys, we are sorry to hear Gazza that you feel this way towards our company, ofcourse we never wish to hear that a customer feels they have been badly done by Xtreme Hobby and would only be too interested to make up for whatever wrong doing you feel has come from you. The only purchase I can see you have made from us was back in May this year, so please feel free to contact us direct in order for us to rectify any mistake.

As far as money in our pockets are concerned, we feel strongly about supporting this Hobby/Sport, just this year alone TMAC "Tingalpa Model Aero Club" in Brisbane laid a Cement Strip in order to assist with electric flight to Mid Size models performing better on take-off's etc, this was completely paid for by Xtreme Hobby. LARCS "Logan Model Club" in Brisbane needed a complete new Canteen upgrade for its members, this was paid in full by Xtreme Hobby, and a number of other projects are underway at 2 other clubs of which Xtreme Hobby is covering the costs for. I find it hard to believe we are all about money in our door to be honest.

Again we are sorry for whatever mistake has been caused by us towards yourself, and we are only too willing to make this up to you. Kind Regards, Xtreme Hobby.

Hello Xtreme Hobby and welcome to the forum.
As original poster of this thread I just wanted to let you know that
it was never my intention to start a forum war with your company.
I just happen to be visiting my son and his family who are living in Brisbane and thought
that I would make an offer to our club members to call into your facilities and pickup
anything they may have ordered from you.
I am aware that Garry has had some issues with your company and I'll leave it to him to
reply to you if he so wants.
Nice to hear that you are actively supporting your local flying clubs and you are to be commended for that as there are far too few retailers doing this.
regards
Paul Johnston
Vice President
PRCAC

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Thanks Paul, I appreciate your words - Hopefully you will get some time to drop in and meet the team while visiting Brisbane. Kind Regards, Xtreme hobby.

(14-11-2010, 06:55 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Cease & Desist from buying anything from this establishment, they care not about anything except money in the front door.
Gazz have to agree 110%, i dont know how these people are still in business seriously.

You ring and order an item in the morning and pay extra for express post and not only to they charge an additional $5 on top of the express post bag they tell me they cant send it that day because there is only one person in the shop.

Then I ring on the Thursday to find out where the parcel is only to be told they forgot to send it

Three times this sort of thing has happened with these guys and the only reason i have gone back to them is they are the distributors and only supplies in australia of the parts i need.

I will not be ordering from OS and suggest other do the same they are a joke

Hi Guys I didn't want to Drag Up an Old Thread but i Thought it may Give Others a little Insight, and then you can Draw from this your own opinion.

I have Purchased on 14 of January a spare set of Fms Blades for my Mustang.
They Arrived broken two weeks Later. They were wrapped in Plastic wrap and shoved into a standard envelope, I think Thats asking for Trouble considering every other place i order blades from bubble wrap and fit in cardboard box.
Xtreme hobbies reply was we never had this happen before in 4 years of trading and they ship over 50 a week and would ship a new set out the following Monday.
A month Later i email, Xtreme has been busy opening new 2nd Shop was the reply. So Sorry heres a gift Certificate and we will get blades in when they arrive.

I don't want a Gift Certificate i just want my Blades its never been about the money i would have paid Double supporting an Australian Company and more for better shipping methods.

Hear we are Today May 3rd, over 4 months now and still no blades.
Sent Email Today, Response Still on Back Order and there not a normal hobby shop but importers, so will supply them when we they get them.

LOL, Not once have they Offered a Refund To me or Emailed To me On there own Accord to let me Know What's Happening unless i emailed them first.
LOL, Will shall See how Long This Drags Out till i get them.

Moral to all This i think is, It's not always the overseas Suppliers that are an issue but sometimes it can be in your own Backyard.

By the Way i did get my spare blades from pwrc which i have been using ever since on my mustang, But i ordered those the same time as i ordered from Xtreme as i thought it would be good to have some spare and got them 1 week after i ordered and cheaper, by the way they were very nicely wrapped safe.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I had an almost identical outcome after trying to resolve the issues I had with the useless piece of foam I stupidly purchased from these jokers.
A lesson well learn.
The sad thing is a little bad press goes a country mile, we may have been individually burnt, but at the end of the day Xtreme are the ones who loose out through lost revenue.
A bad taste left in ones mouth will generate repercussions for years to come.
If you dont believe me, corner me down at the field and ask me what I think if these gentlemen ??????
YOUR HONOUR THE PROSECUTION RESTS !!!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Sorry to hear you too are having trouble Steve.
As luck would have it I arrived in Brisbane this evening,
if by chance you get a call or email saying that they are now in stock let me know here as I'm ging to be here until late on Mother's Day

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

(03-05-2012, 09:31 PM)paulj Wrote:  Sorry to hear you too are having trouble Steve.
if by chance you get a call or email saying that they are now in stock let me know here as I'm ging to be here until late on Mother's Day

Thanks for the offer Paul, But i doubt i will get them any time soon considering it's been over 4 months now.
Like he Said there not really a hobby shop of sorts but a Importer so they get them when they want to get them.

We wouldn't want them to worry about getting them too quick, his got more important things to worry about than a $9.00 set of Blades.
his got a company to run and 2 shops.

Really i should be ordering the blades myself from pw-rc and sending them to Xtreme Hobby Direct to Help them Out.

Really if he wanted to sort this out quickly he could of just refunded my money and the Transaction would of been complete
and everyone Happy, But Xtreme Hobby must have other ideas i guess.
Yes I'm Sure He has Many satisfied Customers, Unfortunately I'm not one of Them, My Lesson Learned I hope.

Steve

P.s
Interesting, quite a few hits on this thread we are now well over 1500 views

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hello Steve

Thanks for your message. Firstly, I would like to say, we did send your prop to you when ordered, it did get broken while in the hands of Australia Post, which of course is not of our own doing. Our new warehouse member at the time obviously should of taken some extra care during the packing of your prop. But it really makes me wonder why you would find a need to come onto this forum and bad mouth our replies to you, when the simple fact is, we don't have any of this spare part on stock at the moment to replace with another.

And not only did I offer to send you another one as soon as they arrive into stock, I also have already given to you a $25.00 gift voucher for free worth double the value of the prop which had broken. As far as service is concerned write as you will, I feel we have looked after you on this, and even if you did have to go to PWRC to purchase the prop in the time being, you have already received in return double the value of what was originally paid for. We do our best to hold stock of all spare parts, but when they run out we have no choice but to wait until our factories replenish our range to accommodate back orders. I have written to you a number of times to say I am sorry, and again you still felt it was required to write this message on this forum. Xtreme Hobby. If you wanted a refund, it was a simple suggestion you could of made to us over email, and it would of been completed.
(04-05-2012, 07:30 AM)samste Wrote:  
(03-05-2012, 09:31 PM)paulj Wrote:  Sorry to hear you too are having trouble Steve.

Thanks for the offer Paul, But i doubt i will get them any time soon considering it's been over 4 months now.
Like he Said there not really a hobby shop of sorts but a Importer so they get them when they want to get them.

We wouldn't want them to worry about getting them too quick, his got more important things to worry about than a $9.00 set of Blades.
his got a company to run and 2 shops.

Really i should be ordering the blades myself from pw-rc and sending them to Xtreme Hobby Direct to Help them Out.

Really if he wanted to sort this out quickly he could of just refunded my money and the Transaction would of been complete
and everyone Happy, But Xtreme Hobby must have other ideas i guess.
Yes I'm Sure He has Many satisfied Customers, Unfortunately I'm not one of Them, My Lesson Learned I hope.

Steve

P.s
Interesting, quite a few hits on this thread we are now well over 1500 views

FYI -as an employee of Australia Post, we handle 5 million mail articles a day at or Sydney Facility, and if any customer wishes that thier article not to be damaged during transit, AP offers alternative services that cater for such items.
Its at the risk of the customer that they pay 60c to mail goods which otherwise should of been packaged correctly and sent within a parcel.

Blaming Post for the damaged prop is just a cop-out on the customers lack of diligence and customer service.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

No its not a cop out, infact we wrote to Steve and said to him in all the years we have sent parcels through Australia Post this has never happened, so there is no need to take personal offense to this from us. Also we are an Australia Post Business Account Customer, our account manager tailors the way we send each package , and in most cases it is sent correctly without damage. We did say the staff member was new at the time and it was a simple mistake on his behalf, AGAIN, we did not place blame on Australia Post for this, we just commented that we did not directly break this prop at Xtreme Hobby due to dis-respect or the likes towards the customer. It was simply an accident. Kind Regards

(04-05-2012, 04:26 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  FYI -as an employee of Australia Post, we handle 5 million mail articles a day at or Sydney Facility, and if any customer wishes that thier article not to be damaged during transit, AP offers alternative services that cater for such items.
Its at the risk of the customer that they pay 60c to mail goods which otherwise should of been packaged correctly and sent within a parcel.

Blaming Post for the damaged prop is just a cop-out on the customers lack of diligence and customer service.

To Mr Xtreme aka Chad

The Only Time you Replied to my emails is when i sent many emails to you asking whats happening and Yes i got apologies and excuses from you. And like i said to you i never wanted a gift certificate as i all i wanted is my blades. Yes it was a Nice Gesture but A gift certificate is useless to me as the only Place i can use this is at your shop. And you dont have any Blades and you havent had them for well over 4 months and i dont want to buy anything else from your shop.
I think i have been very Patient waiting.

As for bad mouthing, i don't think i am, i am just Telling people my experience with my purchase from Xtreme. And I'm sorry you feel that way, How would you feel waiting over 4 months and still no blades and the ones that were sent were broken because of
poor packaging.

Xtreme, i want you Not to worry about getting those blades for me anymore and as for the gift certificate its was shredded a long time ago so you won't have to worry about that being ever used.

Thankyou for your Reply, All i wanted was Good service, you say you did so it's all good Then.

Steve

By the Way the Prop cost me from Xtreme $15.90 plus $11.45 Shipping = ?

Smile Smile

Good heavens, $11.45 shipping from Hemmant (across the creek from Bisbane airport) to Sydney?

Steve Murray

Hi Steve B,
See the attached site for an alternative to source FMS planes and parts.
Also you can pick up your order over the counter if you wish and they are located in Hornsby.
I purchased my FMS P40 from them.

http://sydneyrcjets.com.au/propeller-bla...lane-p-412

Chris M

Truly an unusual way of conducting business.
Generally if goods or services cannot be provided, or, can be proven to be not supplied as specified the transaction is reversed and we all start again.
Credit card chargebacks are a good example as to how the system can work and protect the consumer.

I am perplexed as to why no alternative has been offered nor any information as to when said part is likely to be back in stock?

Cheers
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

I ordred an FMS 1400mm trojan, was told it'll be delivered in approx 3-4 weeks... got it 3 months later. And when I decided to cancel the order, they sent it anyways.
I now buy all my FMS stuff from pw-rc.

I won't be buying any more planes or spares from Xtreme Hobby.

Eddie

I wish I read this before dealing with them!! I am now stuck with nothing but spin and run around!!

Sorry to hear that Fighter, but I've gotta say I've dealt with them twice and never had a problem, but my transactions were eBay purchases. I guess the feedback score keeps them from going astray.

By the way - it's a shame you're in Bathust mate, we could have done some formation flying with Hurricanes (when you get your prop and collet adapter sorted out).

Steve Murray

I ordered an FMS Mustang last year in July as a birthday present for mid September. I know another guy who ordered in May. Plane finally delivered late November. Not once was a pro active call made to me to explain what was happening. They didn't even admit that they had no stock for the first 2 weeks, and never did the web site say that it was out of stock. I just checked their web site and their order tracking still says "InProgress".

Steve
The place that I was talikng about that sells all the FMS range is Charged RC in China
http://www.chargedrc.com.au/vmchk/FMS-Ai...ducts.html

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thanks Gazz - I'll have a look into that .... when I can afford it.

Steve Murray

Icon_evilwell this little guy to my left kinda sums it up how I feel about Xtreme hobby in Brissy,ordered a fuselage over 4 weeks ago.told it was in stock,then after a week I thought whats going on because any thing I get from NSW only takes a week, so Email them and rang and got nothing.the second week same again,Email ,rang and finely got e email saying Ill get on to it {Chad},well that didnt happen,all I wanted was a explanation to as why I haven't got my parcel,well after more calls { which you can not get through on } an Emails Im still waiting,after contacting them on facebook and leaving a massage he sent me a email telling me hes in the warehouse found my part and is posting it right away,now a week after that I still wait,also can not contact him on facebook now,so I have found this forum and joined and seen some of your members complaints,I am on a few forum's and do enjoy all the info you can get and give ,this is not how I wanted to start but hope it helps someone thinking of buying from EXTREME HOBBY BRISBANE

(13-02-2013, 06:01 PM)redtail Wrote:  Icon_evilwell this little guy to my left kinda sums it up how I feel about Xtreme hobby in Brissy,ordered a fuselage over 4 weeks ago.told it was in stock,then after a week I thought whats going on because any thing I get from NSW only takes a week, so Email them and rang and got nothing.the second week same again,Email ,rang and finely got e email saying Ill get on to it {Chad},well that didnt happen,all I wanted was a explanation to as why I haven't got my parcel,well after more calls { which you can not get through on } an Emails Im still waiting,after contacting them on facebook and leaving a massage he sent me a email telling me hes in the warehouse found my part and is posting it right away,now a week after that I still wait,also can not contact him on facebook now,so I have found this forum and joined and seen some of your members complaints,I am on a few forum's and do enjoy all the info you can get and give ,this is not how I wanted to start but hope it helps someone thinking of buying from EXTREME HOBBY BRISBANE

welcome to the forums . info like this is appreciated to me anyways , so thanks i dont think i'll use them , in this thread there are 2 alternative suppliers of fms parts , it's ashame extreme hobby seem to be consistant with this treatment of customers .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .