Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model Flight Stuff

As you all probably know I think Model Flight is Australians best online website.

So I thought that I would start a thread where people can be brought up to date with Bargains, specials and new releases etc.
So here are a few.

EFlite Habu.
This little sucker has a fibreglass body with coted wings it runs on 6S and I am sure with give Kev and Darren a run for their money.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/E...12-10.html

This new Spectrum Receiver has just been released and is FULL RANGE and can be set up with flaps just like the 6200.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/S...02-18.html

I rang and spoke to the guru at Model flight he says its range is as good as the AR6200. Save over 40 bucks and still have 6 channels for only $70.
I have just ordered 2.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Are you under duress!? Paranoid

Modelfllight are a mixed bag with me at the moment, Some of their prices, especially rx's are an outright ripoff (AR600 should be closer to $50 than $70 and they'd still make a profit). The service is up and down, They turned my faulty spektrum module around in under a week a while back which was good but they received 3 rx's of mine via express post on Tuesday and still haven't acknowledged receiving them... If they're going to charge a premium price, I expect premium service. There will be hell to pay if they haven't returned them in time for the instructors course next week

As for the Habu, we've been watching it for a while but it has a major showstopper:
80mm fan Sick

They've basically middle fingered any modelers that want to drop their own better performing setup in to the airframe just so they can make a quick buck by having the monopoly on the form factor. It was actually on my short list till I saw that caveat.

Yeh, probably a case of "Horses for courses" - I've had pretty good experiences with Modelflight when I've dealt with them (which amounts to only 4 times, I must admit). Their customer service is better than most LHS's - they seem to be able to manage record-keeping and are reasonably quick to respond to issues.
There's stuff that I'm quite happy to buy from them like some Parkzone stuff that Ultimate doesn't happen to have in stock (but for most other things it's gotta be HK).

Steve Murray

Yea me too have had good and bad service.
Last order I paid for express post for an item that
was suppost to be in stock and it took them over a week to ship.
Still came express post but a week just to ship???????????BAD

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Yep that habu was unveiled at ejets in sept but I think modelflights eta is a touch flattering ( tho you never know ) eflite site says early march and the production team for the habu 32 have said more like January modelflight aus have late November .. Lol anyway yeah I'm thinkin of pulling the trigger but as kieran said 90mm fan would have been much nicer (tho I have got a couple of hot potential setups lined up) .. It's one of three jets I'm eying off for a new year build(hence the dabble in helicopters until xmas) Smile
I say keep em coming lots of nice new models springing up around the place for us Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Howdy Pilots especially Kieran and Steve
Check out this new Stryker from Model Flight
It has had a complete design upgrade and really looks the goods with twin rudder servos fitted standard to increase the aerobatic envolope.
Me thinks its looking like time to upgrade the aging Funjet.
Fully sick bros.
Interested in your comments .
Here is the link, have a squiz at the video at the bottom of the page.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/P...229-6.html

Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

You want a comment?

Already Pre-Ordered!!!! Icon_twistedIcon_twisted

As soon as I saw the letters "F-27Q" I actually added the PnP version to the cart and bought it! THEN I looked at the video and was gobsmacked!

It's what I've wanted for ages, Knife-Edges down the runway and awesome high alpha performace. Can't wait for it to ship (Fingers crossed we'll be first to get it like a few previous Parkzone models)

Looking to get my first Balsa, something pretty simple and easy to fly.
Looking at a few options, any comments on these; or others?

http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/E...01-10.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=15016

http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/E...53-10.html

Pete

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Not really a very helpful comment - but they all look good to me Pete. Especially the .46 size Decathlon for only $117 (which is why the stock is at -14 I guess!).
I do know that Samste has an RV, so perhaps he'll comment on that one.

Steve Murray

Hey Peter,
Of the 3 planes you have listed here I would probably go for the E-Flite Advance 25e as it has the tricycle landing gear which will help prevent cartwheels on landing. However it has a low wing which will means you as the pilot need to keep it level, unlike a high wing with dihedral which has inherent self leveling qualities. If you have not gathered by now, as I have a number of E-Flite planes, I think they make a good plane. If you are confident with your level flying this is probably a good choice, just remember everything happens faster with balsa as the added weight requires more speed and don't be tempered to add extra weight in the form of a larger capacity battery or big heavy motor mounts as these will induce additional speed on decent/landing.

Another plane worth looking at is the E-Flite Taylorcraft, although this is a tail dragger but does have the high wing.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/E...43-10.html

Whatever plane you choose be patient when at the field with regards the prevailing weather, when I flew my first balsa plane I would wait for a light easterly so the I could have a long gentle approach from the west - tree hopping from the east with a heavier plane can just put extra pressure on you as the pilot and you need to remain relaxed to fly at your best.

Good Luck

Chris M

great advice by chris.. Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

For a first Balsa, definitely go an E-Flite. The extra money you pay will be worth it in getting a good kit that will go together well

Thanks Guys, really like the Eflite stuff. I leaning more towards the Advance 25e, looks like i'll place an order this week.

Pete

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Nice choise Pete!
Go the Power 32 Option or the equivalent Turnigy G motor, we can tone down the throttle until you get a little more between the legs and then we can crank it up so the little sucker goes off like a brides nightie.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Dont know about those Ozhobby things, they might be OK but anything unlabeled like that off Ebay cant be good,the Kv rate is to high which usually means torque is to low.
Your best option by far is the G32. It is speced to be be identical to the E Flite, Dont settle for a motor that will do because it is in stock, right motor for the right aircraft is critical for longevity and performance.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi Peter,
For what it is worth I have used the Turnigy 4250-700kV and 60A Plush ESC with a 4S 4000mA battery throwing a 13X6.5 APC electric prop in my E-Flite Pulse XT25. This produces more than enough power and if you intend using a 4S battery with this size motor I would say it has too much power for your first balsa plane, unless you are very strict with your use of throttle. On a 3S battery it maybe OK or try and find a review on the aircraft and gauge from their comments if a power 32 is really needed.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375433

Remember bigger motor needs more battery which means heavier plane and therefore higher landing speeds. Start with a smaller motor and if need be upgrade it later. I have never heard of someone downgrading a motor size, one's ego gets in the way.

Good Luck

Chris M

whats an ego? .. Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Power 32 affects the COG but provides good "sporty" characteristics.
Power 25 sounds docile on a 3S, but fun on a 4S?

I'm comfortable with FAST, so i may go the 32 and mix it up with 3S & 4S.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Go Pete!
As I said you can run a smaller prop with the slightly larger motor and it will draw less current. Once you get comfortable flying it you can just prop it up a bit for that extra Va va Voom.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

OK Guys
Check this sucker out.
If I wasn't in the middle of 2 other major projects I'd be ordering this beastie today.
This thing would give Darrens A380 a serious run for its money. Love it!!!
Would be great for the lolly drop at our next xmas party, you could almost kill the kids with the payload.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/T...29-10.html

Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I nearly bought this when I was up in Brisbane but
decided against it as I too have a few things in the pipeline.
However, I have been looking at some plans for a scratchbuilt
C17 Globemaster which I may just do one day.
I'm about to order my Stumax for my L39 so have to watch the money at the moment.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Ordered the plane on Thursday Night and it arrived on Monday, 3 hours in the garage and done. Easy to assemble, great instructions and pretty well made.

Now i need the electrics and Motor. I thought i had the servos but their version of mini is really park size at HK. So in for an order of servos and speedy.
Surfing the web for the power 32 motor, looks like i'll end up getting this from Model Flight aswell.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Looks the goods Pete
If you want a Power 32 but would like to save a few bucks.
These things are made by HK to specifically copy E Flite motors and have near identical specs

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=14400

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Anybody wanting anything from Modelflight? About to order something for $160 so if you want something with free shipping, let me know asap.

baby striker Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Lol, its cool n all but for only $20 less than a full Q, I know which one I'd rather have Wink

Yes please Kieran ...

1 x PKZ5370 Parkzone Replacement Airframe : P-47 $126.50
1 x PKZ5317 Pre-Bent Retract Landing Gear Strut: P-47 $4.75
1 x PKZ5315 Parkzone Optional Flap Pushrod set : P-47 $4.95

... and Owen will do an electronic transfer to your account - would it be the same one I transferred into for the P-51D airframe?

Steve Murray

Order placed...

Anyone interested in joining me in placing a pre-order for the Parkzone Spitfire Mk IX?

I'm going "airframe only" as usual. Stocks should probably be in Oz within a month.

Steve Murray