Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gaoneng 2S HV lipos

I have used the gaoneng 2S 650 120C mah HV lipos some more, and I am impressed with their performance. They seem to beat my best 2S lipos of other brands, even though I only charge them to 4.2v per cell. Based on this result I have bought several 850 mah 2S but have not yet had a chance to assess them.
The voltages written on the lipos may confuse people, and there is no discussion on the gaoneng website. A tiny instruction manual  - the font so small I could not read it even with my reading glasses and a magnifier - is included. I scanned this manual and saved it in highest quality mode, and it is now just legible if you zoom in (attached).

It says lipo cells have 3.7v per cell so 7.4 on a pack means it is 2cell 2S. "for High Votage cell have 3.8V therefore 7.6v mean 2 cels." This statement does not seem to acknowledge the lipo cell voltage varies according to the state of charge or discharge. Are 7.4v and 7.6 v the storage charges? No, for storage there is this statement
"the standard is a 5C% storage charge meaning a 7.4V/2 calls (High Voltage 7.6V/2 calls or 7.7V/2 cels) pack should be stared at 7.6 volts (High
Votage7.8.)". In other words, the writer is trying to say normal lipo stores at 3.8 v per cell, HV lipo at 3.9v per cell.

There is writing on the packs that can be read if you take a high quality photo and enlarge the photo by zooming a pdf. You see that each lipo is labelled 7.6 which according to the above text means its a HV lipo. On closer examination you see "11V" on the label, and if you look even closer it says HV with part of the H missing. 

In conclusion, I believe these are high quality lipos, however you need to enlarge, read and interpret carefully the label and instructions. I hope this post helps...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Gaoneng 2S HV lipos - by greggold - 19-10-2023, 03:59 PM
RE: Gaoneng 2S HV lipos - by caffeine - 19-10-2023, 04:42 PM
RE: Gaoneng 2S HV lipos - by greggold - 20-10-2023, 06:51 AM
RE: Gaoneng 2S HV lipos - by greggold - 24-10-2023, 02:53 PM