Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zeee lipos

Lipos have been hard to find for over 2 years now. My experience was the best ones were Turnigy graphene, but when these were unobtainable I moved to Dualsky and also tried other brands. Zeee lipos are sold from a Sydney location and arrive within a few days of ordering. So far I have purchased 2 Zeee 1300 mah graphene lipos rated 120C for a very low price, to my surprise they are the best 1300 mah lipos I use (I have flown around 8 sessions with them). They produce higher sustained power than the competition and do not have voltage sag. Dualsky lipos are generally disappointing but Dualsky 1300 mah are an exception, they are good however they are quite not as good as the Zeee.

Very timely! I've been looking for a good LiPo supplier. Thanjs Greg, I'll check them out.

I just checked out their website, and their prices are very good!

In fact I thought their prices were very good before I realised i was looking at a 2 pack, their prices are very good!

(10-06-2023, 10:10 PM)caffeine Wrote:  I just checked out their website, and their prices are very good!

In fact I thought their prices were very good before I realised i was looking at a 2 pack, their prices are very good!

I did not mention the internal resistance, its lower than all my other brand lipos, with the exception of Turnigy graphene lipos which have been unavailable for at least 3 years. How do they do it? I dont know, but these guys know what they are doing, I see no sign of any quality problems.

I weighed my existing lipos; the 2200mAh 3s packs are around 197g. That's a capacity to weight of 11.1mAh/g.

The Zeee lipos I'm looking at are around 15 to 18 mAh/g, approximately 30-60% more energy density. Very impressive!

Unfortunatley Zeee refuse to ship to Australia from their global warehouse, so you're limited to products from the Aus warehouse.

Do I meed 5200mAh LiPos to repllace my 2800mAh? Probably not, but it would certainly give me more runtime!

Discovered that their US warehouse will apparently ship to AU destinations  Thumbup

(16-06-2023, 10:35 AM)caffeine Wrote:  Discovered that their US warehouse will apparently ship to AU destinations  Thumbup

Well that didn't last long. US warehouse now will not ship to Australia.

The global warehouse will now though, so that's handy.

Ordered a couple of 3200mAh 3S batteries from zeee today, and another five 3S 850mAh batteries from china hobby line.

Should keep me going for a while.

Hi Liam . I'm having the same problem with my batteries for my big drone (Turnigy LiHV High Capacity 5200mAh 3S2P 12C Lipo Pack w/XT60) Hobby King's Hong Kong warehouse doesn't have any at the moment however the American warehouse has them but will not ship to Australia I've been searching everywhere for replacement without success, I finally found a replacement battery but there are out of stock as well presently down to free batteries only the other three are absolutely had it.

Zeee have some hard case 5200mAh 3S batteries, but they have a EC5 connector on them (my 3200mAh 3S batteries will have Deans connectors on them)

I'll be (carefully) swapping it to XT60 when they get here. It's straightforward but needs care and attention as accidentally shorting out the battery is a real possibility

Hi Liam. Not sure if that's the way to go I've's seen other members change the plugs on batteries but I don't thing I would even attempted to a better option may be To use adapters???. The website says these batteries are for RC cars doesn't make any difference. The batteries connectors are on my little drone are EC2 and seem to work well.

Yes, using an adapter would be fine as well, I'm a bit space constrained in my plane though and I don't like deans connectors so I will change mine.

Making up an EC5 to XT60 adapter would be very easy

Or here is such a beast, already made:

https://www.phaserfpv.com.au/products/xt...le-adapter

Zee global shipping is quite slow. Ordered on 17 July, tracking finally updated 27 July to say that it has been picked and packed and is on its way.

(17-07-2023, 05:50 PM)caffeine Wrote:  Ordered a couple of 3200mAh 3S batteries from zeee today, and another five 3S 850mAh batteries from china hobby line.

Should keep me going for a while.

Shopping from the global warehouse is proving to be very slow. Still yet to receive anything.

HI Liam. I found these Zeee batteries on AMAZON two questions are they the same batteries?, And I wanted to ask you about the C rating the present batteries I'm using C12 these battery have a higher rating that make any difference.

Zeee 3S Lipo Battery 5200mAh 50C 11.1V RC Batteries with XT60 Connector Soft Case for RC Airplane Helicopter Plane Quadcopter RC Car Truck Boat

https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Batteries-Co...B0972RKJDS

(30-07-2023, 10:24 AM)BOB Wrote:  HI Liam. I found these Zeee batteries on AMAZON two questions are they the same batteries?, And I wanted to ask you about the C rating the present batteries I'm using C12 these battery have a higher rating that make any difference.

Zeee 3S Lipo Battery 5200mAh 50C 11.1V RC Batteries with XT60 Connector Soft Case for RC Airplane Helicopter Plane Quadcopter RC Car Truck Boat

https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Batteries-Co...B0972RKJDS

They are suitable, however they've been out of stock for a while and I'm not sure if they'll every come back in stock.

The C rating is how much current they can safely discharge. A 12C 5000mAh (5Ah) can safely discharge 12*5 = 60A.

50C 5200mAh can apparently discharge 260A continuously, which is pretty beefy!

In short, you want a battery with at least the required C number, more is generally better but may be heavier

(30-07-2023, 03:15 AM)caffeine Wrote:  
(17-07-2023, 05:50 PM)caffeine Wrote:  Ordered a couple of 3200mAh 3S batteries from zeee today

Shopping from the global warehouse is proving to be very slow. Still yet to receive anything.

Still nothing from zeee. I contacted them and they replied saying it was normal. I'll give it another week and then start to push a bit harder.

Finally an update; looks like my batteries might actually be on their way!

Not so fast...

Onboard for delivery today. Send unlikely as it's nearly 9PM but hopefully soon!

Hurrah!

Weight is 224g. Claimed weight was 216g. I'm happy with that.

They also include an XT60 connector which is handy.

Connectors (very carefully) swapped for the included XT60s.

I'm very pleased with them. I'll be interested to see how they perform compared to my 9 year old hobbyking batteries.

Two arrived today from the ebay store. No HTX60, will have to find some.

srl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have a few spare XT60 female connectors (battery end)

I've been considering buying some more 3200mAh 3S Zeee batteries, as I've found the first two to be excellent. The idea of waiting another month for them has turned me off though.

Had a look at the eBay store tonight, they have the same batteries in stock, free shipping, 2 pack for $61. This compares favourably to the Zeee global store at $85, and $21 shipping.

I then went to look at 2S batteries for my RC car. Zeee global warehouse was $75 for 2x 5200mAh. Zeee ebay store $41 with free shipping for the same items!

And there's a promo at the moment, 8% off on their eBay store!

So $93 shipped for 2x 3200 3S and 2x 5200 2S batteries. Promise of 3 day shipping.

Zeee global warehouse would have been $148 for the same items, with potentially a month of shipping again.

I am considering some "new HED" Dualsky lipos from Modelflight for $56.
Dualsky 1300mah 3S 11.1v 60C HED LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector  
MF says:"The new Dualsky HED series LiPO batteries are a high-performance TRUE 50C discharge, 5C charge pack. They are extremely durable being constructed from Japanese core materials. Offering outstanding performance true to their rating, lightweight and at an attractive price." 

Dualsky claims: these are a new 7th generation lipo with better performance and energy density
http://en.dualsky.com/Xpower_LiPos/64986...c108.shtml

I like Dualsky products (motors, esc, and lipos), the only poor ones I have found are the ECO lipos.
MF sell the HED lipo series in a variety of capacities and cell numbers.
I have been flying with Dualsky 1300 3S for 6 months now and am happy with their performance. They are not quite as good as Zeee 1300 3S, but they are close. The HED are advertised by MF as 60C (almost true) but the above blurb says they have TRUE 50C, still 50C sounds good. A bit pricey at $56 but then again Modelflight gives quick delivery.