Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

suggestion for new tx

The radiomaster (RM) boxer is the standout tx, even amongst txs costing hundreds of dollars more. Costing a bit more is RM Tx16S which has a color touch screen, and costing considerably less the RM tx12. I own a tx12 which is an excellent tx, initially it felt a bit small but now I am used to it I appreciate its low weight. The edgetx software that comes with RM is better than Opentx, and I also think its better than the new Frsky ethos. My opinion is RM gear is high quality, and the txs I mentioned have been highly praised in online reviews.
The question whether you should select an internal module, 4in1 or ELRS is discussed here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre...st50862537  post #340

Its hard to find a dealer with a boxer in stock, but new shipments are arriving. If you buy a RM and are a mode 1 flyer, you have to convert from mode 2 which is a pain.

If you choose elrs internal module, you can add a 4in1 external module and have both frsky and elrs available. For elrs, there are 2 PWM receivers - normal airplane rxs - (one radiomaster, the other betafpv) that come ready to fly, for other PWM elrs rxs you have to solder the PWM pins in place yourself or use a microsoldering service.
The 4 in 1 internal  module, or external module, allows you to use your existing ACCST frsky rxs. But I think its better to use the opportunity to switch to ELRS, as I am doing (I am testing several systems for a year including Frsky Tandem and R9 before making a final decision on elrs, after 4 months elrs is looking good). Be warned you have to learn to use new software and new procedures with elrs, it took me about a month before I was comfortable with these.

Thanks for this message and timely.

After being involved in the RC game since the mid 80’s I’ve taken a break over the past few year in the radio space and seem completely lost.

Last controller I bought the most complex part was setting the model - this seems next level.

I think I will need help in person to create es new list.

The touch screen and EdgeTx on the Radiomaster TX16S makes setting up a model pretty easy. You can also now save a model as a template, so if you have your inputs and mixes and telemetrye etc setup nicely on one model you can use that as a basis for more models, rather than creating each one from scratch.

If you end up at the field on a day I'm there, have a try of my radio (TX16S mark II max) and see how it feels.

Thank you appreciated.
Will be back soon. Was coming twice weekly last 2 years then radio issues have turned me off.

I have some gear you can use to get you back flying Doish. The 5e (DSMX) belongs to the club to be used as a trainer TX. I'm also looking for a mode 2 TX If anyone has one? PM me.
The old DSM2 can have a long reconnect delay but my duel orange RX's work fine. Without the satellite they are rubbish.

I'm still working on my Frsky radio issues which are only less than half a second and high.

The $25 ELRS RX's look nice. I might get a ranger module to check them out.

srl

Hi Stephen thanks mate I have my DX6I old version will chat with you this weekend perhaps