Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wanted to buy - Miniswift fuselage ...

Hi all,
Has anyone got a Miniswift fuselage lying around that they would like to sell me?
Cheers,
Stevem

Steve Murray

Sorry Steve, I don't, but I just bought a Micro T-28!!! (Not bad for a Heli jock! ) Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

No worries Andrew - have fun with the UM Trojan Smile

Steve Murray

I'll sling you my spare

Ah! - thank you Kizza! I'll bring some cash on Saturday. Thanks mate.

I'm going to make a mini-EDF standoff scale He-162 out of the fuse. Tested one of my candidate 40mm fans today at 55 W sustained, this would be acceptable if the AUW stays below, say, 200g. However I've got another 40mm fan+motor combination which is supposed to be capable of over 300 W. If I can get it running comfortably delivering half of that, then it will be perfect.

See you on the weekend,
Stevem

Steve Murray

Oooh, WW2 Era German jets are only scale if they routinely burst into flames Wink

... and that is certainly not outside the realms of possibility here!

Steve Murray

Oooh nice Steve I actually have an interest In small scale jets so I'll be waiting patiently to see how this pans out , I saw a tiny f4 phantom on the tube which was buzzing around like a beauty (much cool factor) can't wait to see your results

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Cheers Kev - since you're interested in this sort of stuff, here's a site you might not have stumbled across before which I'm using for inspiration ...

http://www.ffscale.co.uk/plans6.htm

This bloke makes small scale free-flight jets with Jetex solid fuel rocket motors - but he generously makes the plans available, which is great for us because with a little bit of re-working here and there, they might be adapted to EDF. The He-162 should make a good candidate because the fan can go in the pod on top of the fuse and the battery and electronics in the fuse itself, out of the way. I'll definitely use depron instead of the balsa and tissue but I'll try and keep most of the rest of it close to the plan
See you on the weekend mate,
Stevem

Steve Murray

It's not the phantom but it's the same guy I was talking about , he's an aussie and it's a pretty sweet 30mm edf setup I reckon is goes good for a tiny little 30mm !

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=AU#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=RWjWDmyuy2U

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Think you need to check your link kev.
I can't see any planes on there.
Wow Jetex...Steve,
That's taking me back a few years.
I used to build free flight models powered by Jetex or rubber bands.
Kiel Kraft used to manufacture these balsa/tissue model kits and I spent a lot of
pocket money buying them.
Think I was about 13-14 year old at the time.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Yes Paul, those are the ones alright - in fact on Mike's web-site I've seen the Kiel Kraft kits mentioned ...

http://www.ffscale.co.uk/sc.htm

It's great to see these sorts of kits and designs still taking to the air - and with the plans and parts-outlines being available for download and printing, it makes it possible for modern electric conversions. Great stuff!
See you on the weekend,
Stevem

Steve Murray