Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

*PLEASE READ* Field Status Update

G’day Gents,

Due to the newly announced lockdown for Greater Sydney our flying field will be closed until it is lifted or alternative advice is provided.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Jason

(27-06-2021, 02:49 AM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  G’day Gents,

Due to the newly announced lockdown for Greater Sydney our flying field will be closed until it is lifted or alternative advice is provided.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Jason

The lockdown advice has been clarified in todays Sydney Morning Herald:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/what...584ig.html

Exercising or outdoor recreation in Greater Sydney is permitted. Provided social distancing is maintained, the club may remain open.

Greg Goldstein

here is the list of reasons you may leave home during the lockdown, from the NSW Gov. website; its the same as the SMH reported

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/gr...leave-home

Hi Greg

Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club has a covid risk assessment submitted to Parramatta Council for our ongoing sporting field lease. A new risk assessment to comply with the current two week lock down when all organised sport is cancelled is not a option.

srl

(28-06-2021, 01:54 PM)srl Wrote:  Hi Greg

Parramatta Radio Control Aircraft Club has a covid risk assessment submitted to Parramatta Council for our ongoing sporting field lease. A new risk assessment to comply with the current two week lock down  when all organised sport is cancelled is not a option.

srl

Thanks for this clarification, I am sorry to hear this. The Council believes flying is more an "organized sport" than an "outdoor recreation", where the former is banned and the latter is OK. If the lockdown extends beyond 2 weeks I hope this distinction can be considered further, given social distancing is easily achieved while flying planes and it is clearly as safe as walking your dog.

A email from our landlords.

Dear sports clubs, associations and hirers

To protect the people of NSW from the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, current stay-at-home orders have been extended across all of Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong from 6pm Saturday 26 June until 11.59pm Friday, 9 July.

To comply with this direction, no community sport (whether training or a match) in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour should proceed.

Council will be supporting these orders by restricting the use of its facilities and disabling access to sportsground flood lighting until 11.59pm Friday, 9 July. Although exercise outdoors in groups of no more than 10 is permissible, Council won’t be entertaining requests for access to sportsground flood lighting for fitness training sessions in lieu of formal sport training sessions because it is not in the spirit of the public health order.

Stay safe and please don’t hesitate to contact us should you require additional information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Marama Loko

Recreation Services Officer | Social & Community Services

02 9806 5220

City of Parramatta
126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150

PO Box 32, Parramatta, NSW 2124

cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au

I believe the chance of an extended lockdown is high. I am volunteering to draft a email reply from the club to Marama Loko, making the following points:

- PRCAC appreciate the efforts of Council to ensure covid safety, and we comply at all times with their directives

- The health authorities have allowed certain outdoor activities (with specific conditions) because some outdoor exercise and outdoor recreation are beneficial during a prolonged lockdown, for example dog walking or walking in a park are allowed.

- in particular, outdoor exercise and outdoor recreation are permitted by the NSW Gov. PROVIDED there is proper social distancing, no crowding, no singing or chanting, no public drinking etc. We attach the link to the NSW Gov. current list of lockdown exemptions.

- at PRCAC, we would request that with certain strict conditions (no more than 10 members at a time on the field, strict social distancing including the 4m rule, no organized competitions, no night activity, no alcohol or partying etc) members be allowed in daytime to fly planes in the field for up to 1 hour per member. Club members in attendance at the field must assign one member as compliance officer to ensure complete compliance by every member present with the conditions. If someone is non-compliant, they are ejected. If a member arrives and there are 10 on the field already, he must wait at the gate until someone leaves etc.

I will draft this email if Committee members think it is worth the effort.

Greg

Gents,

Sadly, it seems that NSW has some way to go before we’re likely to contain the spread of the latest dominant strain of SARS-CoV-2. Field will remain closed to all activities until the current lockdown is lifted and further advice is received from City of Parramatta Council.

I do sympathise with those who have enquired about asking for an exemption from currently implemented restrictions on use of leased areas by relevant sporting organisations within our LGA due to our somewhat unique conditions. With this said it is something we have yet to discuss as a committee, I do believe that this would be a difficult ask and also that we best serve ourselves by quietly complying with advice at this time.

I really do appreciate everyone’s understanding on this matter.

Thanks,

j.