Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HeliCommand Auto Pilot

Hi,

Has somebody setup the HeliCommand auto pilot before on a Helicopter. If you have the computer App to configure the HeliCommand, could I make a copy of the software. And where did you buy the cable to connect the HeliCommand to a computer during setup? I'm setting up a Trex 450 and Trex500 that I bought second hand that came with the HeloCommand but it did not come with the software and cables. I've downloaded the manual to set it up without the computer but it did not work. Some people in forums said that you need the software to properly setup the auto piot. Pictures of teh unit attached.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Carlou

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf HeliCommand_Instructions.pdf Size: 418.67 KB  Downloads: 1

Hello Carlou, as far as I know, nobody in the club flies T-rex helis with heliCommand, so we would not be able to help you program the module.

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Hi Todd, 

Thanks for your reply. I will take out the autopilot then. It is not properly working. I would have to go back to the conversational way of leveling the rotor disk by manual correction. It would be good though if there is an assistance when you lost orientation but the helicommand deos not work at all. By the way, are you flying this weekend. I would love to come and have a chat.

Regards,
Carlou

Hi Carlou, by the looks of tonight, tomorrow may be raining, see what the morning is like, but yes, I am hoping to be there tomorrow morning if weather permits.

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

See you

Just double checking the weather tomorrow, it'll be very windy too.

Been in the flying site but nobofy was there. Its too windy. I also met a new comer who wants to join the club. 

I decided to visit HMAS but those who turn up decided to drive home because of the wind

Hey Carlou, I'd say that this weekend is both a wet and windy one, best to see how next weekend goes. The Low pressure system off the coast doesn't want us to fly this weekend.
I noticed that the wind will come and go a bit, but up high it would still be to strong to fly, especially a heli.

Regards
Todd

I finally figure out how to setup the HeliCommand. I think this will help me gain my confidence in flying again. Don't know if its possible to maiden fly it out in the field this weekend.

Maiden fly my TREX450 in the field today. What an experience after 12 years. Back to square one. The knee shakes after doing some hovering and figure 8. Thank you, for letting me fly and regain my confidence. I will be needing more hours to recover from the fear when the bird is on air. I'm looking forward in joining the club after I complete the required visits.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(23-06-2021, 07:10 PM)carlou Wrote:  Maiden fly my TREX450 in the field today. What an experience after 12 years. Back to square one. The knee shakes after doing some hovering and figure 8. Thank you, for letting me fly and regain my confidence. I will be needing more hours to recover from the fear when the bird is on air. I'm looking forward in joining the club after I complete the required visits.

That is fantastic to hear mate!