Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HK Powered Lighting

My work area was a bit dark so I decided to brighten it with some HK Led strips. The entire setup is modular, running off your standard HK 12v psu, I expect it to hand grenade shortly Wink

Lightmax Power!!!!! Custom switchbox

Nice even light, better than fluoro as there is no flicker!

XT60's everwhere so I can add/subtract/rearrange as needed.

LED strips are held in place with Magnets!!!111 for maximum geek effect Wink

Next project is some variable mood lighting for the home studio. Just waiting on the RGB fader controler.

Very Nice Those Leds are Bright, Good job.
I actually have to get some to light up a Tradies Enclosed work box trailer running off car supply after i showed him a strip lit up.

steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hi Keiren,

Where are these strips? Could not find them online? Paranoid
LOVE the look of ya workshop and want to replicate the modern look.. Leet
Got some old flickering fluro tubes that need replacing Rolleyes
So where do I get them and is the light really that good?

Rob
Belt CP 3D - CNC Head + Tail Leet
Various Co-Axial choppers micro to large Smile

G'day Mate,
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=8944 is where they're at. I bought some lengths of plastic from bunnings to stick them on to, makes it easier to move them around.

Some notes to consider:
-The entire build probably cost over $100 so getting an electrician friend in could be cheaper.
-They run on 12v so you need a power supply to run them, I used an old 12v laptop power supply.
-You need alot as they don't spread light as efficiently as a fluoro. The upside is they don't flicker and because they are easily moved you can stick em all over the place to light up everything.
-Lots of soldering and a bit of very basic electronics required to do the switch box etc but its good practice! Alternatively you can scour ebay for stacks of 12v remote switches/power supplies to buy ready made.

My next project involves 3 strips of red green & blue and a colour mixer from ebay. Will hopefully yield a nice mood wall for the home studio.

(29-09-2010, 11:50 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  My next project involves 3 strips of red green & blue and a colour mixer from ebay. Will hopefully yield a nice mood wall for the home studio.

Hi Kerien,

Hahaha.. Hahaha.. Biggrin Classic... LED mood lighting with mixer.. It just gets better.. Lol

Thanks for your usual detailed response.. VERY helpful..
I'll see what I can whack together for my humble little workshop.. although the price tag may slow me down a little..
Will update with what I end up doing..

Rob
Belt CP 3D - CNC Head + Tail Leet
Various Co-Axial choppers micro to large Smile