Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Battery Help Question

Hi can anyone help. 
I have this plane In the link below which requires the 11.1 4500 3S batteries.

Thing is I have none in this spec and about 10 batteries which are 11.1 2200 c25 3S battteries.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/phantom-fpv-...tore=en_us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImI6Bwunx8wIV1AkrCh3fBA0DEAAYASAAEgLPWfD_BwE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImI6Bwunx8wIV1AkrCh3fBA0DEAAYASAAEgLPWfD_BwE

Can this plane be flown with my 11.1 2200 batteries or do I have to buy a 11.1v 3S 4500 battery?

Hi Danesh
The big Battery is for the long 30 min flight. Is the battery on the c of G?
Do you allready have a motor for it?

srl

Hi mate yes I do have it all just not this battery. Not looking to FPV on it more coastal soaring or flying in parramatta on super windy days like today.

Could I use my 2200 3 s 11.1 batteries here and just add weight?

Doish, it will fly with that battery, BUT you'll need to be conservative on the throttle because of the 30 amp esc when they recommend a 40c rated battery, but you'll find that that is at the upper throttle range for an extended length of time.
I would suggest that you fly with a basic battery checker/alarm attached to the balance lead to make sure the amps are not pulling your battery down a lot on full throttle on take off.

Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Thanks Todd appreciated.

So then if I use my 11.1 2200 40-65c batteries in this plane would I be ok and it’s just a weight difference?

Thanks again

With a 1000kv motor it will be fine. As with all aircraft check the C of G before test flying.
Also consider how you are going to launch it.
Having your hand in front of the prop is not allowed.

srl

The plane is specified to require an 11.1V 3S 4500mAh battery, it may be possible to fly it using an 11.1V 3S 2200mAh battery, although flight times may be reduced due to the lower capacity. However, it's important to note that using a battery with a lower capacity or different specifications than recommended can potentially damage the battery or the plane, and can also result in unsafe flying conditions.

It's always best to follow the manufacturer's specifications for the battery and other components to ensure safe and optimal performance of the plane. If you're unsure whether your battery is suitable for the plane, it may be best to consult with the manufacturer or an experienced RC hobbyist.

I recommend checking out the website https://www.onestoprchobbies.com.au/ They offer a variety of RC products, including batteries, and have a good reputation in the RC hobbyist community. It's always important to purchase from a reputable and trusted source to ensure you're getting high-quality and safe products.

(15-03-2023, 09:17 PM)michaelmartinez Wrote:  I recommend checking out the website https://www.onestoprchobbies.com.au/ They offer a variety of RC products, including batteries, and have a good reputation in the RC hobbyist community. It's always important to purchase from a reputable and trusted source to ensure you're getting high-quality and safe products.

As the owner of that shop, are you going to give us a nice discount code to use?  Smile

(17-03-2023, 12:46 PM)caffeine Wrote:  
(15-03-2023, 09:17 PM)michaelmartinez Wrote:  I recommend checking out the website https://www.onestoprchobbies.com.au/ They offer a variety of RC products, including batteries, and have a good reputation in the RC hobbyist community. It's always important to purchase from a reputable and trusted source to ensure you're getting high-quality and safe products.

As the owner of that shop, are you going to give us a nice discount code to use?  Smile

Of course. EASTER SALE is LIVE (10% OFF on ANY PRODUCT). Smile