Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

*PLEASE READ* Field Status Update

I'm not sure anyone is going to stick their neck out in the MAAA and work out a set of guidelines and say it's sanctioned. you simply won't get that.
You'd have to approach it from the other direction and ask the quintessential question which is weather the MAAA or ANSW has expressly forbidden it in writing. Because if they have then there will be no insurance cover and having the correct and current insurance cover is a condition of the lease over the field that the club has with the council. Breach that condition and you are breaking the law not only that but such a breach would jeopardize the clubs relationship with the council. I can't stress how important that relationship is. No one wants to do that!! Flying fields are very hard to come by and we must jealously guard our access to fly at McCoy Park.

That would be first question of many questions that need to be answered.

Yes sure Practically speaking It could certainly be done with access on a roster based system as has been suggested.

Yes sure I agree that Flying could be considered exercise and education it could also be considered work in some circumstances. Perhaps even a religion but that might be pushing it. Wink

I'm sure we will come out the other side of this with plenty of time to fly and a great field and a great club as well.

We have to consider the possible ramifications of our actions if there are any complaints the club will be seen in a bad light.
Remember politically drones and model aircraft are all lumped into the one basket and anything that looks irresponsible will be ammunition to be used against us.
Very few people feel politically polarized about golf so you can see it is not the same thing. For example there has not been a whole raft of new legislation written about golf in the last two years.

I don't want to sound like a killjoy or the village policeman I'm just putting up a few thoughts out there for discussion and consideration. I love flying and I don't get to do enough of it. We are all in the same frustrating situation.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Messages In This Thread
*PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Quadzimodo - 26-03-2020, 01:19 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Gabo_Huerta - 11-04-2020, 07:30 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Quadzimodo - 12-04-2020, 02:55 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by secant0give - 17-04-2020, 06:11 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by srl - 11-05-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Busboy - 11-05-2020, 10:06 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by BOB - 11-05-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by ptk - 12-05-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by srl - 12-05-2020, 08:50 AM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Gabo_Huerta - 12-05-2020, 05:27 PM
RE: *PLEASE READ* Field Status Update - by Quadzimodo - 12-05-2020, 10:45 PM