Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aluminium CNC work

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I might be able to have the following parts milled from aluminium?

[Image: render.jpg]

I’m after two of the tiny bracket and one of each of the larger engine mounts.

I hope to use these to attach a couple of G60 300kv brushless motors to the back wheel of one of my aluminium framed GT Power Series BMXs.

I’m thinking it might be worth 3D printing these first also, in order to do an assembly check before spending the money on the aluminium version.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

(19-10-2018, 05:38 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I might be able to have the following parts milled from aluminium?

[Image: render.jpg]

I hope to use these to attach a couple of G60 300kv brushless motors to the back wheel of one of my aluminium framed GT Power Series BMXs.

I’m thinking it might be worth 3D printing these first also, in order to do an assembly check before spending the money on the aluminium version.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

The Quadzimodo
Hey guys,

I hope to use these to attach a couple of G60 300kv brushless motors to the back wheel of one of my aluminium framed GT Power Series BMXs.

The guys I allways go too first for machining work are a company called State Engineering
You will need a fully dimensioned set of drawings. Also it might be a good idea to look at the design to make it the most economical for machining. Having done a lot of this sort of stuff i can assure you it’s easy to cut the price down by reducing the difficulty of manufacturing. Conversely the opposite is also very true.
You can try a company called ISCA they do high end 3D printing and CNC machining.
I have heard of people sending things to China and India for machining and getting something close to what they want back. I’ve never done it so I don’t have any company to recommended. There are a few rapid prototyping companies in Melbourne that you can just send cad models too for pricing. If you search for rapid prototyping instead of CNC machining you might do better.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci