Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Racing 21st and 22nd of April

A weekend of flying at Marulan probably one of the nicest private flying fields in NSW. The field is open for general flying and practice Friday 20 Saturday 21st and racing Sunday 22nd
Come along bring anything to fly. There will be rare bear and efx racing as well as other classes join in and check it out!!

Marulan is the home field of Sydney Uni’s pioneering UAV team. “The Australian centre for field robotics” These guys we’re flying large UAVs more than 20 years ago and carry on the fine tradition of Australian unmanned aviation. You never know what you might see them up to if you turn up early on Friday.

Once when I was there I saw a UAV flying powered with a hydrogen fuel cell. I believe it was the first such powered fixed wing in Australia. Amongst many other achievements ACFR were the first people in the world to achieve air to air docking of two fixed wing UAVs. I was fortunate enough to watch some of the testflying and development of these machines and even flew got to fly one in manual mode on one occasion.

Most impressively they are a great bunch of guys, like most aeromodelers, friendly humble and welcoming it will be a weekend to remember. If you can possibly make it do come along. There is accomodation available at the field for a very small fee.

Ask SRL what it’s like he’s been there many times.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Jason,

Did you go out there? Get any pix, or can you post a link to any coverage?

Thanks,

J

Seeing a Facebook post I believe Jason V is in the outback somewhere, probably SA.
I when down on Friday and did 4 hours of flying in perfect weather. I had work Saturday and Sunday.
Had a look at the new accommodation and kitchen block , its new 3star+ luxury.
It's a private field but MAAA members are welcomed for a invite.
I did see a new EFXracer before I left. I believe they are the aircraft for beginners and competitive racing. Maybe too fast for the limited space at McCoy field.

srl

(24-04-2018, 01:10 PM)srl Wrote:  Seeing a Facebook post I believe Jason V is in the outback somewhere, probably SA.
I when down on Friday and did 4 hours of flying in perfect weather. I had work Saturday and Sunday.
Had a look at the new accommodation and kitchen block , its new 3star+ luxury.
It's a private field but MAAA members are welcomed for a invite.
I did see a new EFXracer before I left. I believe they are the aircraft for beginners and competitive racing. Maybe too fast for the limited space at McCoy field.

srl

Fair enough. Sounds like an awesome place, I really wish I could have checked it out. If you see any coverage in your Facebook feed or elsewhere please post it here.

As for the new EFXracer perhaps being a little too fast for McCoy... I’m sure we’ll make it work. We might have to give Barry a hand keeping his in one piece though. Lol

Marulan is on again soon

according to http://nswpylon.org/calendar.html

It's on the 22-23rd of September.

Bring your EFX, rarebear, funfighter, Q-500 or electric Q-500 or anything elce along to race on sunday

Also bring anything along to fly on Saturday.

Accommodation is available for a token fee.

Post up here if your interested to come along for a great weekend of flying at a really nice field with a great bunch of people.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Jason
I'll be down early Saturday for some sport flying.
But I need some fuel for the 46. Who sells it these days?

srl

Ultimate Hobbies sell nitro fuel

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

(19-09-2018, 06:19 PM)srl Wrote:  I whish I saw you post Steve I have a litre or two to spare no probs at all.

Hi Jason
I'll be down early Saturday for some sport flying.
But I need some fuel for the 46. Who sells it these days?

srl