Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

New Addition to the hanger.

good luck Gary .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

yeah good luck mate hope it all goes well and wish i could have seen her,dial that lady in and maybe ill get a look next weekend after this beautiful sunny week we are about to have *fingers crossed* Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

I got another new plane out from my build shop the other day (ie dads house) and shes ready for maiden when the ground is good, its the sapac hawk and ill be maidening on 4s to start with running standard sapac fan and sapac air retracts it wont be the fastest down the field or anything but it should fly nice (if all goes well it will jump to 5s down the track), well i hope so Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

That looks sweet as Kev, looking forward to seeing that tear up the sky.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Very nice Kev Smile
What happened to the thread with that bloke who posted $50 zero's from hobbies in the hills? I was in there today buying srevos, (I never did like the zero) but walked out with one under my arms. Then... my dad bought one, brother in-law bought one, work mate bought one, then another mate from work bought one..... last count there were 3 left.... Smile

(15-03-2012, 06:45 PM)Panspermian Wrote:  Very nice Kev Smile
What happened to the thread with that bloke who posted $50 zero's from hobbies in the hills? I was in there today buying srevos, (I never did like the zero) but walked out with one under my arms. Then... my dad bought one, brother in-law bought one, work mate bought one, then another mate from work bought one..... last count there were 3 left.... Smile

Lol, i was Tempted to buy one but saving up for something a little different. Smile

But it's definately good value for money i think.

Yes Very Nice Kev

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Well here is the 90% completed bird. Just needs rx placed in it, also the battery and make sure I get the COG right. Look forward to one of you guys given it its maiden!

I used to have an apprentice, great beginners plane. It will actually catch thermals with no power....
Also good for practicing areobatics (sloppy but fun, just remember down elevator when inverted).
I had a strip of clear packing tape on each leading edge to minimise 'tree' damage from botched landings.
You will have a ball with this Smile

Yes - and Jonathan, you'd best ask Wayne how many rubber bands to use to fasten the wing ;-) That was the source of a mystery that would have baffled Sherlock Holmes, but he, JohnH and KevB put their combined intellectual weight to the task and it was inspiring to watch ...

Steve Murray

jonathon i think thats a fantastic choice for a first plane.. lots and lots of time to make decisions on final approach , probably more so than any other plane ive flown , power up and go round if its not lined up well and float and float for hundreds of metres.. good buy mate, you will enjoy Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Aaaaaah yes, rubber bands !!!!!!!!! The supplied 8 rubber bands are sufficient to hold wing on, but will stretch in time & will need replacing. Otherwise wing will lift at front & cause violent up elevator response. Not a fault with plane, it will give you many hours of learning pleasure.

Couldn't resist it - been waiting for this one for months.
The FMS FW-190 is finally available ...

Steve Murray

Very Nice

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

yeah that looks cool steve Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Cheers guys - yeh, I can't wait. Dunno where I'm going to put it, but I'll have to work something out.

Steve Murray

It is very nice!!
Jealous!!

Eflite Apprentice 15A
HK450 pro
Spektrum DX8

My Pulse arrived today, no pics, but it looks like this: http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/H...28-10.html
Box didn't seem that big, but the plane inside certainly is. Plane looks really nice, seems well built, pre-hinged surfaces, should go together quite quickly although I got no funds to buy motor at the moment: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...Glow_.html or servos for that matter.
At the moment got my heart set on saving for a solar filter for my telescope (around $200) no chance of geeting that before June 6 transit, every shop is out of stock Frown but I did find some cheap eclipse glasses if anyone is interested, I can post the website. $4 each.
Bosslady says I have too many toys, definately hard to store in our unit and while trying to renovate.

I've got to stop doing this, but the price was too difficult to resist! I don't think I'll take delivery this week, so probably have to maiden it the weekend after. I'm just about out of control here - might have to look at joining some sort of "support group" or something.

Steve Murray

Join my group (SAD), you wont have to worry about having too many planes then!

Thanks mate - yes, please sign me up for a front-row seat!

Steve Murray

Nice purchase Steve, I've been uming and aring about getting one myself for sometime.
You just gotta love the Mustang, it really is a great looking aircraft.
Just be aware that most of the electronics in them are crap and will need upgrading, if you want to keep it for a while that is!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Very nice price I would not be able to resist it either. When you find the group and join let me know because I think I'm beyond help with my plane collection.Lol

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Gazz - yes, I was basically treating it as an "airframe only" purchase having seen what you and Dave have discovered.

George - ok mate, there are a lot of us with "issues" Wink

Steve Murray

(21-05-2012, 05:43 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Gazz - yes, I was basically treating it as an "airframe only" purchase having seen what you and Dave have discovered.

George - ok mate, there are a lot of us with "issues" Wink

Heh Nice Buy Steve,

Fms Mustang, is what i have and yes i replaced my retracts and adjusted them more forward angle so theres no tip over on landings and take off. besides that nothing else was changed.

Though the Retracts are flimsy units but in saying that i had only one faulty all the time the other worked a treat.
I am going to rehinge my Ailerons as they are looking not so good now and will snap easily off as its only foam join type hinge setup.
But yes i guess if you want it to last need to give it a mini makeover area.

Just need Paul J to get a 1.4m one and we can have a mustang Rally

Steve Smile

Cheers Steve - yes, I was planning on having a long chat to you before I did too much to it. Thanks!

Steve Murray

lol Kieran Sad Club, if you Life was only like This http://youtu.be/w-nGNLoNubw

I got 2 pilots from HK for my Katana 50e and the new Super Cub 1875mm.
Strangely enough, one looked like Gazz and the other like Smuzz!!!Paranoid

I think I placed them in suitable planes.Wink

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

George , you are hilarious . JEEZ i laughed .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I think you're right George - the one that resembles Harrison Ford does look like smuzz ... at least in poor light, anyway.

Steve Murray

That Cub's going to be a beautie George !! and a good size at about 74"
That will be a fantastic flyer !!

What Motor and battery set up are you going to use in that ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci
Thread Closed