Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WTB Spektrum 4+ Channel Plane Recievers

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had some 4+ Channel Spektrum receivers available?

Cheers,

James

Gday James

I think I have a couple floating around. Are you after specifically Spektrums or would you consider the orange rx clones from Hobby King?

Rob B

Hi Rob,

I tried using the Orange RX with my DX6 and it wouldn't hold the bind, so I had to rebind each time. So specifically after Spektrum Smile

Thanks!

James

Personally I had no issues with Orange receivers so far.
Is it doing for all receivers, or is this one Orange RX faulty ?

I might have a spare RX, will check later today.
Ultimate Hobbies at Parramatta also carries spektrum receivers if the target is to fix next weekend's flying gig.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

No it worked fine with an older generation DX6i, but for the new DX6 is doesn't hold.
I bought an ARF Kit from Hobbyking and not wanting to spend big $$ so hoping to get a second hand Spektrum reciever that someone might have lying around and wants to sell.

Hi, James. I have several spectrum receivers that I’m no longer using and I bring down to the field next time I’m gonna be there probably Sunday at this stage.

(25-07-2017, 05:59 PM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  No it worked fine with an older generation DX6i, but for the new DX6 is doesn't hold.
I bought an ARF Kit from Hobbyking and not wanting to spend big $$ so hoping to get a second hand Spektrum reciever that someone might have lying around and wants to sell.

I have an AR636A 6-Channel AS3X receiver (pulled from a BNF Theory Type W flying wing) that I have never used and would be happy to part with. Feel free to make me an offer if it suits your purposes.

Hi Bob,

Sounds good, unfortunately I am unable to fly Sunday's but I'm not in a huge rush so over the next few weeks if your down on a Saturday we could work something out then Smile

Thanks for your offer Jason, that particular receiver is quite advanced as its only a 1200mm 4 channel 3D plane, I'm not looking at spending big $$ on this build, as its my first Smile I'm seeing that, the receiver is about $130 new and I don't want to spend over $40 on a receiver as I only really need a basic 4 channel. If your happy to part with it for $40 thats cool, if not thats totally fine Smile

Thanks Bob and Jason Smile

(26-07-2017, 03:16 PM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  Hi Bob,

Sounds good, unfortunately I am unable to fly Sunday's but I'm not in a huge rush so over the next few weeks if your down on a Saturday we could work something out then Smile

Thanks for your offer Jason, that particular receiver is quite advanced as its only a 1200mm 4 channel 3D plane, I'm not looking at spending big $$ on this build, as its my first Smile I'm seeing that, the receiver is about $130 new and I don't want to spend over $40 on a receiver as I only really need a basic 4 channel. If your happy to part with it for $40 thats cool, if not thats totally fine Smile

$40 sounds perfectly acceptable to me mate.

(26-07-2017, 05:43 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  

Sounds good, will you be down on Sat?

(26-07-2017, 06:14 PM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  

I will make a point to pop down by midday on Saturday.

(26-07-2017, 09:43 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  

Jason, do you have a programming cable for Spektrum? I'm concerned that its going to be programmed to your wing and not work properly with the aircraft I am building? sorry just a newb at this.

You programme your model into your tranmitter. The Rx just comunicates what you have programmed setting for that model to the servos. There is no programming of a receiver at all. The stabilization of the Rx is just a part of the Rx and doesn't need programming for different models...

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

that was my initial thought as well , but after a quick read trough the manual, you will need the programming cable.

You have to set up the wing type and mount direction of the receiver according to your your plane.
A wing setup won't work in a 4 channel plane.

link : https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/File...ual_EN.pdf

Ahh okay, Thanks for that Dirk. Did you happen to find any standard Spektrum Receivers?

In that case Jason, I apologise but it seems as though cause its pre programmed to the Wing it wont be suitable for the 3d plane.

I should still have a AR6110x I bought from Rob earlier for $25.

(27-07-2017, 02:47 PM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  Ahh okay, Thanks for that Dirk. Did you happen to find any standard Spektrum Receivers?

In that case Jason, I apologise but it seems as though cause its pre programmed to the Wing it wont be suitable for the 3d plane.

No skin mate, all good.

HI James
I just got back from a few flights.
I've got a AR6100 you can have for free. If Dirk's offer is DSMX it will be a better match for your TX(cool factor).
The htx900's will be fine. Later if you can find any Hitec hs65 servos for $25-30 you will get a better experience and value from them.

srl

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the offer, that would be perfect as thats what I have in my Tundra and is better suited for the plane. the Ar6110 is a micro park flyer receiver.

I bought some stuff off hobbyking and I am currently building the plane as we speak. If you bring the AR6100 on Sat I should be able to Maiden it assuming my order for electronics comes on Friday Biggrin I ended up going with these servos Turnigy™ TGY-9025MG MG Servo 1.8kg / 0.09sec / 11g

Thanks again Jason and Dirk.

Actually I just saw your other post, I guess not this Saturday if your at the Pitt town Field Smile

(27-07-2017, 11:21 AM)Muggers1234 Wrote:  
(26-07-2017, 09:43 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  

Jason, do you have a programming cable for Spektrum? I'm concerned that its going to be programmed to your wing and not work properly with the aircraft I am building? sorry just a newb at this.

Wired

Babar ? not feeling well ? or are you missing us already ?

yea certainly missing u guys...any one wanna come for fly at pemac are most wellcome

We shall do that one day soon ! Wink

Perhaps we could do a mass attack to PMAC for a fun fly with them.....

James, if you are still looking for some Spektrum Rx, let me know as I have a few here that we can do a deal with...

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

(18-08-2017, 12:00 PM)Busboy Wrote:  Perhaps we could do a mass attack to PMAC for a fun fly with them.....

James, if you are still looking for some Spektrum Rx, let me know as I have a few here that we can do a deal with...

wellcome...you will enjoy the Long landing approaches and no soggy fields...even the wind factor is very less...

G'day James
Did you get sorted with the rx?
I have a spektrum 6ch dsm AR6100 doing nothing, $25
Rob B

Sorry Rob
I had one doing nothing too so I gave it to James.

srl