Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need for some swift flying

Just saw these from HK

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/blue-faster-...f-efx.html

I havn't been on there for a while so not sure how new they are

Any one got one?

Better still anyone interested in a bit of fun pylon with these??

They look like they might be an even better machine at $200 plug and fly how could you go wrong ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I literally have 4 planes ahead of this on my 2 year long build queue. But its very tempting....

I seriously think they could race against rarebears in their stock form but would be a better plane to use. Id think they'd be easier and somewhat nicer to fly being larger. The look of wing plan form shape and the generous size horizontal tail makes me thing think they would be quite forgiving to fly all be it excitingly fast.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Im pretty tempted..... Was looking at these a few weeks back. Haha your quick planes have me inspired... thought I'd be in big trouble for spending more money!

I like the EFX racer than the extra...the efx racer would beautifully glide while on landing approach...while these XTRas just doesnt

(07-07-2017, 10:58 AM)Babar Wrote:  I like the EFX racer than the extra...the efx racer would beautifully glide while on landing approach...while these XTRas just doesnt

Removal of the winglets seems to have made all the difference. 'Tis a shame too as I would assume the wing was revised to make it more resilient in a crash, yet it could be argued that the updated design is far more likely to crash than the original.

It may well be a different airfoil with the thickest part of the section moved back to make it less draggy at higher speed. The sections designed for q500 are like this they fly a little oddly when they are going slow but are nice and stable going fast not to mention pretty slick as well

Here we go

Get ready for some one design pylon

So the rule is must be standard out of the box Durafly EFX or EFXtra standard motor prop etc and max battery pack 2400 4S just like it says on the box

Standard Short course as for NSW pylon race rules in the absence of timing gear we will use flags.

We can also race rarebears since there's a few of them about

Now that the field has dried out the course should be easy to set up.

(17-09-2017, 11:59 AM)secant0give Wrote:  Here we go

Get ready for some one design pylon

So the rule is must be standard out of the box Durafly EFX or EFXtra standard motor prop etc and max battery pack 2400 4S just like it says on the box

Standard Short course as for NSW pylon race rules in the absence of timing gear we will use flags.

We can also race rarebears since there's a few of them about

Now that the field has dried out the course should be easy to set up.

Barry just got me a new wing and spinner, so count me in!

When is the race event being help? love to come watch or help in some way.

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

The next Pylon race with NSW pylon is at Marulan on this coming weekend
Anyone is more than welcome to come along It's a great field Saturday will be a day of fun flying and Sunday racing. There is accommodation for a very modest fee something like $30 which is just to cover cleaning cost. Or just come along on Sunday.
People are always needed to help out !!

OOOoooops scratch that It looks like Pylon at Marulan has now been cancelled due to the 40 km/h wind forecast for the entire weekend. Frown

shame, Parramatta forecast for the weekend looks quite windy as well Frown

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Thats ok, Baz has a job for us on Sunday at the field Smile