Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HobbyKing Edge 540T

I know there is a couple of members with these planes, Andre being one. I managed to get one cheap in a flash sale. And now need to kit it out with motor, prop, esc... blah blah.

Looking for ideas on what motor you have in yours if you have one, or any recommendations. I havent researched rcgroups or anything. not trying to overthink it. It can work on a 3S setup, which I prefer, but is it worth the effort to put on 4S? for 3D/Aerobatic flying

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/the-hobbykin...green.html

mine is red Smile

I've got this plane although mine is in need of repairs due to a mishap. It's a great plane. I have a SK3 800kv 500W motor in mine which runs on 3 or 4s and has plenty of power. I also got my plane on special and the motor as well. I think motor is normally around the $45 mark. Don't have exact details but if you search sk3 & 800kv on hobby king, you should find it I run a 12X6 prop on mine which allows both 3 & 4s battery. I mainly run 3s in which case I could go a bigger prop as it's only drawing 32amp but enough for me. On 4s draws over 40 amps so close to the rated 600w output. In summary, you want a decent amount of power 500-600W so you can do reasonable 3D & harriers etc.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aero...tor-1.html
This is the link for the SK3 3542 800kv motor. It's actually 500W and 3-4s. Giving you this link as there's a similar 600W SK3 800kv which is 4-5s.

Actually, after all my comments, I checked the link to your plane and I think your is the bigger version (than mine). Mine I think is 1200mm wingspan compared to your 1440. You may need even more power!

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e