Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Australia Day (or close to it) BBQ and Swap Meet

HI Guys

In lieu of the Christmas BBQ it was suggested we have a BBQ on Australia Day, however, as it falls on a Thursday the presumption is that Members may want to spend time with the family at various events.

So Saturday the 28th has been suggested. As well as a Barbie I suggested having a SWAP MEET/CAR BOOT Sales as well.

Volunteers are required for supplying the BBQ, I can arrange Sausages, Bread and Sauce etc.

So bring your appetite, any unwanted flying paraphernalia, a pocket full of Cash and have a great day.

To anyone coming, it would be appreciated to have numbers in your group.

This event, of course, is open to Members, Family and Friends.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

I'll be there

Hi Chris. Not sure I’m gonna be there I’ve been unwell due to a very large kidney stone, but I’m gonna need minor operation to remove, needless to say I’m in a lot of pain and I have very strong painkillers that when I take them cannot drive all too much, to say it’s a nuisance is probably an understatement I was hoping to sell some stuff at the car boot sale but the gonna have to wait and see on the day.

I will say yes I'll be there and if I can help in anyway I'll put my hand up.
Also Bob, If you cant make it, let me know and if you label all your stuff you wish to sell I can take with me in my ute.

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

(15-01-2017, 05:11 PM)BOB Wrote:  Hi Chris. Not sure I’m gonna be there I’ve been unwell due to a very large kidney stone, but I’m gonna need minor operation to remove, needless to say I’m in a lot of pain and I have very strong painkillers that when I take them cannot drive all too much, to say it’s a nuisance is probably an understatement I was hoping to sell some stuff at the car boot sale but the gonna have to wait and see on the day.

HI Bob

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. See how you are closer to the date, if you need to I can pick up what you want to sell and and sell it on your behalf, let me know.

Hi guys thanks very much for the offer we’ll have to wait and see how it develops the pain comes and goes I’ve had pain today but now it’s gone completely what happens the kidney stone moves around and when it hits the spot I then get pain but after a while it moves again and I’m fine .

I’ve basically got 7 items for sale Park zone Trojan T-28 also as well of several small quads. And a indoor flyer J-3 CUB it is a bit worse for wear but if anybody wants it they can have it for free, and my Bix 3 just make me an offer?. Also for sale one wooden rocking chair pick up from my place though. Also a second Park zone Trojan T-28 frame needs a bit of work that anybody who wants it can have it.

Unfortunately peoples I won't be able to attend this day due to work commitments , otherwise I'm all in for the day.....
In liue of that , I would suggest on the Sunday......

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

I'm in.

I can bring old stuff but only to give away!

srl

Cancel my last statement, as it looks like, I've got that weekend off, so I can attend and help out with the BBQ.

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

(16-01-2017, 11:59 PM)Busboy Wrote:  Cancel my last statement, as it looks like, I've got that weekend off, so I can attend and help out with the BBQ.

Good news mate

On the 28th and 29th January there is the Hunter Valley Air Show being held at Maitland Airport starting at 9am both days....

I am in.

Hi, Chris. I’m planning on being there so put me down on the list.

I'll try to make it after work so after 12:30

So you know Chris,
The trailers loaded with a gas'd up bbq and utensils, 2 tables, 8 chairs, 2 x 3mx3m Gazebos, icebox(full of ice) and a 25Ltr container of tap water.
Cars loaded with planes and quads and plenty of batteries.
I'll be there about 9am.

I've got the drinks all ready. Coke, Coke Zero, Lemonade and bottled water.

Barry, will I need to get more ice tomorrow and will I need my eskies?

Just spoke to Jason(speedy) and he'll be there tomorrow.

I'll have three large bags in a 62Ltr Icebox so should be plenty of room and ice, I've got a normal esky in the trailer as well.

I verbally said I was coming last weekend but forgot to post here.
I'll try not to eat much (if allowed at all!) ?

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

OK Barry, I'll just bring the drinks with me then...

Thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday, it was great to see everyone enjoying themselves.

Special thanks to Bazz for the "Corporate Marquee", BBQ, chairs and if we looked hard enough a kitchen sink somewhere. Thanks to Rob for cooking the snags, to Todd for getting the drinks.

A few planes changed Owners, good to see a new Member, Matt/Pat picking up a bargain from Bob.

Thanks guys for the day even though I didn't stick around all that long. It was just so dam hot.
The missus said you are all a nice bunch of blokes (Even though you enjoy heaping shit on me)
Should revisit this thing again later in the year.

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

(29-01-2017, 12:19 PM)Spook Wrote:  Thanks guys for the day even though I didn't stick around all that long. It was just so dam hot.
The missus said you are all a nice bunch of blokes (Even though you enjoy heaping shit on me)
Should revisit this thing
again later in the year.
BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

Yeah seconding Chris' comments... especially thanks to to the "Chairman for the Sub-committee for Club Facilities" ... Baz, for the shade... on a day of 40 degrees(by my car)... without it not sure anyone could have stood it down there for as long as we did!!

Yes, A great turn out considering the conditions. A BIG THANK YOU to Barry the "Chairman for the Sub-committee for Club Facilities" for his shade, ice box, music and BBQ, though I think he could've only needed to bring a hot plate down....lol
DID we put shit on Luke???? NAAAAA...... We never do anything like that to our club members......lol