Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

(23-11-2011, 05:36 PM)paulj Wrote:  Stop picking on my drinking buddy.................Smile
Thanks PJ - there's a beer heading your way Smile

Steve Murray

Hi All,
There is a great airshow this coming Easter, especially if you are into Warbirds from WWI thru to Vietnam. My favourite is again flying the F4U Corsair along with a couple of new birds, a Yak 3-M, a Grumman Avenger and a Hawker Hunter to mention a few. For the WWII era there are the usual Spitfires, P40's, a Mustang and Texans/Harvards and if you like WWI aircraft the Sopwith Camel and Fokker D-8.

There is only one catch, you have to cross the ditch to see them, but they do a great show and you can get very close to them both on the ground and in the air.
Have a look at
http://www.warbirdsoverwanaka.com/home.html

See you there
Chris M

If I wasn't getting married in Bali later this year, I'd be there in an instant!
Love my warbirds!!
Well I will just have to save the pennies and try and go next year/time its on!

Hi All,
It's late notice but, if you are down Wollongong way this Sunday (6th May) the "Wings Over Illawarra" airshow is on at Albion Park.
There appears to be a decent flying program starting from 11-00am and gates open at 9-00am. Planes flying include: Super Constillation, Wirraway, Harvard, Catalina, Avenger, Dakota, Caribou, Meteor, Vampire, P40 Kittyhawk, P51 Mustang & more.

Happy Flying
Chris M

A Grumman Avenger, Chris? Haven't even seen one of those static in a museum, let alone in the air ... interesting!

P.S. It's very nice here at McCoy at the moment - I'll put a battery through for you, since you're stuck in the office there Smile

Steve Murray

Not really an Airshow but Mark from PEMAC has just let me know that a a Caribou from HARS will be doing a fly over of Springwood this Sunday at 11.30 for this years Vietnam Rememberance day.
If you happen to be in the area it is always terrific to see these cool birds flying low level.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Shit I'll be in Bilpin Sat evening..., bugger. House I grew up in, in Castle Hill used to be on their flightpath, late 80's early 90's. Sounded like a thunderous entourage of trucks bearing down on us. I got used to the sound and whenever I heard them I knew what was coming. Always in formations of 3. Good stuff Smile

Hi Guys,
An event coming up on the calendar on 3rd November is the the Catalina Festival at Rathmines on Lake Macquarie (near Toronto) from 10am till 3pm. So if you have an interest in these graceful old girls and like me have never seen one put down on the water and then taxi out of the water via the ramp it is an event not to be missed (HARS Black Cat is due around 10-30am).
For more info on what else is happening on the day go to the site below.

http://www.catalinafestival.com.au/

Also if you want to learn more about the WWII Rathmines base which was the largest RAAF flying boat base in the southern hemisphere take a look at the site below.

http://catalinaflying.org.au/rathmines.htm

Avalon 2013 is coming up and this time the F-22 is slated to be flying ("We really mean it this time... Pending operational requirements and planet/star alignment").

I'm gonna go down for Friday trade show and then the evening display. Worked very well last time with excellent access to the static displays. Fingers and toes crossed on a Raptor flying display.

Friday Highlights at Avalon 2013 shot from my phone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQXW97ks6vg

AWSOME
some great shots there !!!!
Love your work !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Guys,
For those that didn't know this Sunday the 5th May is the annual Wings Over Illawarra display. Now I called it a display because previously it was not officially an airshow, but I have heard rumours that it maybe different this year.
Anyhow as I have not been for a couple of years I intend on going this time around especially as there will be a Caribou display, an aircraft I have not seen perform for some years, since they were retired from service.

Anyone interested in going, see the link below for the details

http://woi.org.au/

Cheers
Chris M Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Hi All,
On Saturday November 2nd Temora Aviation Museum is putting on it's bi-annual Warbirds Downunder airshow and if its anywhere near as good as the inaugural one in 2011 it's not to be missed.

I intend on going down there for the weekend and was wondering if anyone else was interested in going and if there was enough interest from PRCAC, have a club fly-in at the MAS NSW State Field Cootamundra (depending on field availability) on Sunday morning before returning home in the afternoon.

Any thoughts from the committee/club members?

Chris M Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Great idea(s) there Chris - a real weekend adventure.

Steve Murray

mate . great idea . i'll definately consider seeing that air show .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Sounds like a great idea to me................ ROAD TRIP?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I Think Once we can Confirm the State Field is available, i Think having a Big Prcac Away Event and Temora Show Visit is a Great Idea and i will be There and i think alot of Other Prcac Guys will be Too.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

That would work out great go to the Air show on Saturday, leave Temora in the evening stay at Cootamundra Saturday night, get an early start and fly all day Sunday at the state field, then drive back home in the evening.
AWSOME we can take some IC engine powered machines to fly as well

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(07-06-2013, 11:29 PM)secant0give Wrote:  ... AWSOME we can take some IC engine powered machines to fly as well

Yes, that's exactly the point Samste and I were talking about last night. Would be good to have a mix there to make some comparisons with.

Steve Murray

Will have to finish work on that Pipe cub with an OS four stroke I brought a while back.
I rebuilt the engine, and I've got all new servos and an RX ready to go in. It's just a matter of an hour or 4's work and it will be ready to go.

Could always take the Vipers down for a bit of a thrashing, there is also an extra 330 with a DLA 55 that needs to be finished off................................Better pull my finger out Smile

The next airshow on my list is the 100th Aniversary of the RAAF at Point Cook in Victoria on the 1st & 2nd March 2014.

http://www.airforce.gov.au/Interact/Disp...dc+u6Ro5VF