Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Quanum Diy Fpv Goggle's v2 Modification

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...duct=78130

I felt The Lcd Needed to be further away from your eyes to get a comfortable overall view of screen and the adjustment was not enough to do this.

Simple cut foam board filler to make up the extra width and painted black.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Nice Job ThumbupThumbup

Ooh I like that idea. I recently installed the V2 upgrade kit with its cool new acrylic lenses and I was forced to relocate the screen to the back of the enclosure due to my eyesight. Should have done this mod instead - much more sturdy! Nice tip!

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Does it still fit in the neoprene headstrap... sock.. thingy!?!?

(16-05-2016, 09:39 PM)robbo Wrote:  Does it still fit in the neoprene headstrap... sock.. thingy!?!?

Yep Still fits in well just falls an inch short near the face end but that doesn't affect
anything.
and fits snug on face as you can adjust head strap to suit

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Nice work Steve

Good job I put a slightly bigger screen on the very end of mine and the sock still fits great.

I think a slightly larger version with a 7" screen would be good too. I had planned to make one up at some stage

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Coming very soon to Hobbyking...

Steve... You just need to get yourself a decent antenna and you'll be set up...

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

(22-05-2016, 11:47 AM)symowallo Wrote:  Steve... You just need to get yourself a decent antenna and you'll be set up...

Have ordered a clover leaf style, but you know what, I was at the field today and the stick antenna tilted horizontal actually worked better than all the antennas i tried that Bob Had.
Kieran has also suggested an antenna which i will order as well, and i will give that a try Too.
Im actually going to try the same clover antenna that is on my tx next Time to see how that one is as i do have a spare one for the Tx but did not fit the Boscam
Luckily Bob had lots of bits and pieces and found an adapter so it will fit now.
My thinking doing this is the tx and rx antenna will be the same on the goggles as is my transmitter, and the transmitter is clear as.
And i read somewhere that all Antennas are not the same when it comes to 5.8 ghz, and they can be quite different when transmitting and recieving.

Below is Bob's Quanum Goggle Box I Have Customed for him this afternoon as he found mine clear as for his vision and the Mod really Takes No Time at all as i Have heaps of Thick Foam Sheet and the Foam Glue Spray in the Can sets so Quick.
The Trick is to cut the Goggles in between the lcd notch holder area and just before the sliding arms area for lens so its the same as it was before locking in the lcd screen and lens arms work as before.

Look for an Aomway RP-SMA (or SMA, depending on your equipment, probably RP-SMA I'd guess).

http://www.banggood.com/Aomway-5_8GHz-FP...61730.html

I have found that they are the best balance between cost and performance.

You will never get good performance from rubber ducky antennae.
EDIT: Let me rephrase that. For a quad type aircraft, where multi directional flying is the order of the day, a rubber ducky antennae will not provide adequate performance due to polarisation issues

Also check out Bruce Simpson (RCModelReviews) on YouTube. He will tell you all you need to know about 5.8GHz antennae. Yes, it's a bit of an art - it's not just science.

Hi Steve. Thanks very much from doing that or so anybody who needs FPV aerial adapter connectors I have plenty of them both male to male. As well as female to female.

Goggles now Have Fat Shark antenna base Staion And Transmitter screen and quad Fat Shark Antennas and its so Clear its amazing.

Was thinking it would be nice to get and 5.8 extension for the goggle antenna so it sits higher up and so it can be tilted toif needed. does anyone found something like this on hobbyking site ?

You can just get some solder type SMA conectors and some semi ridged coax and make one up try to keep it a multiple of 1/2 wave length long. For 5.8 that's a multiple of about 26mm as a wavelength is around 52. so either 26 long or 52 long or 78 long or 104 long etc
the shorter the better tho.

(11-06-2016, 05:21 PM)samste Wrote:  Goggles now Have Fat Shark antenna base Staion And Transmitter screen and quad Fat Shark Antennas and its so Clear its amazing.

Was thinking it would be nice to get and 5.8 extension for the goggle antenna so it sits higher up and so it can be tilted toif needed. does anyone found something like this on hobbyking site ?

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(15-06-2016, 04:48 PM)secant0give Wrote:  You can just get some solder type SMA conectors and some semi ridged coax and make one up try to keep it a multiple of 1/2 wave length long. For 5.8 that's a multiple of about 26mm as a wavelength is around 52. so either 26 long or 52 long or 78 long or 104 long etc
the shorter the better tho.

That's Good to Know, Thanks Smile