Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Male to male servo extension lead with 15CM???.

Hi guys. I’m looking for a male to male extension servo lead 15 cm lengths, I had a crash in my quad on Saturday and well as destroying the receiver it also cut through one of my leads I’ve ordered some from eBay that there had lease 2/ 3 weeks away so if anybody could help I would certainly appreciate it.

Hey Bob, I think you might want to get the receiver inside the quad frame when rebuilding this time around rather than on the arm as it was the last time I saw it.

I think that'll save you a lot of grief next time, it's only a matter of time until you get a prop strike again, or an upside down crash that kills the RX. You might not need a servo extension lead if you mount the receiver that way.

Just a thought, worth doing if you can once the replacement RX comes in. Happy to help if you need assistance with this?

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Could you solder the cut leads together and shrink-tube it ? maybe not ideal but should do the job until the new leads arrive ?

Got a bunch of 15cm servo extension wires, happy to loan you. Will put some in the field box for next weekend. NB these are servo extension wires, so one end male the other female.

Heya robbo,
Bob needs male to male mate. (What a sentence that is ?)
I have the bits and pieces to make bespoke cabling, I'll see if I can find them and make one up for you Bob.
Stay tuned
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

Hi Simon. Rob. Robert. Thanks very much appreciate any help I can get. Simon I moved the receiver to inside the frame and what happened was when I landed a little bit hard the model flipped upside down chopping one of the servo leads and as well as cutting one of the receivers aerials off. The model would not disarm so I had to reach inside and Paul the battery plug out.

It's all good Bob, I have all the bits required in front of me now and the job is 1/2 complete.
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

Gday Bob
Cable is good to go.
How do you want me to get that to you?
Rob B

HI, Robert. I’ll be down the field on Saturday or I can pick it up from your place I also live in Toongabbie as well so whatever is best.My phone number is 96363117. I really appreciate doing this for me

No worries Bob
I'll wander down to the field on Saturday morning.
What time do you expect to be there?
Rob B

HI, Robert. I’ll be there between seven and 730 but you do not have to come that early I’ll be there to at least 12 o’clock. And talking of my quad have a little bit of problems this morning I was applying some Loctite to the screws that hold the FPV camera in place and guess what happened a loss one of the screws and after a lot of swearing I decided to have a look in my spare screw jar and found one that fitted, or so I’m still waiting on a new receiver from banggood I paid extra to get that early that should be Monday or Tuesday I hope?.

Gday Bob
I have some urgent work to get through this morning so unable to get to the field.
However the cable is sitting in my letterbox.
Give me a yell on my mobile or email me and I'll let you know my address.
You can find my # in the Airwolf for sale post
Cheers
Rob B