Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Flying Weather Today ?

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

To sick to venture out

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

By the looks of the rain forecast, I doubt there will be any flying this weekend :-(

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

(04-10-2018, 03:56 PM)Busboy Wrote:  By the looks of the rain forecast, I doubt there will be any flying this weekend :-(

I think your Right

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Has anyone been down the field to check out the condition after all the rain?

I suspect flying not likely again this weekend.
Maybe some building or repairs at home.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Perhaps a float plane weekend.... :-D

...and yet, I’m looking out my back door this morning, the sun is shining and not a breath of wind!
Just to tease us I think. I’m sure the field is saturated and there is meant to be wind and rain on the way.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

as anybody been down the field the last few days?, I was just wondering how dry the field is? and will there be flying on Saturday/Sunday.

Hi Bob, last weekend was walk in and if it does not rain we should be able to drive in this weekend.

Yay! good to hear!  Weather looks ok tomorrow, warm and light winds, good day for all.  Some risk of rain but <1mm so wont be a problem.  Sunday is a bit windier, still ok, but tomorrow is the choice day.  I'll be getting down mid morning, I'm craving any stick time after being away for 4 wks!  Will also have the axn trainer with me for any beginners/ newbies.

https://wind.willyweather.com.au/nsw/gre...hills.html

I plan to be there tomorrow morning.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Home from work at 2am, so might have a sleep in Saturday morning but plan to come down maybe around lunchtime.

John Jelovic

This weekend should be good ! dry and low winds on Sat and Sunday.

Most Likely Sunday for me to make it.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Same for me if I make it, it'll be sunday

I'm back from holidays and tomorrow morning is looking good with light winds and rain in the afternoon. Still some club emails to catch up on then looking forward to some flying.

srl

I’d better charge some batteries. Was thinking Sunday the better weather day. But tomorrow now looks ok too. Will probably pop down mid morning.

John Jelovic

Windy day tomorrow... Sunday much better

It’s been a while for me, but I have just bought a drone. ( much easier than the Heli!), and I thought I would drop in this Sat 1/12. I’ll have to rejoin too. Cheers.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Looking forward to seeing you there tomorrow Andrew.

Good day tomorrow... very light winds

I’ll be there about 9:30am.

Although forecast says 40 k/hr wind around midday.
Sunday is supposed to be a bit calmer. I might come down Sunday morning.

John Jelovic

Anyone planning on heading down to the field tomorrow morning? I’ve got a new acro quad to shakedown. I also wouldn’t mind putting my long ranger through it’s paces, as I plan to take this with me down to the south coast and I haven’t had it in the air for a while.

Been a lot of rain last night and more to come.  Drive in only today I expect, if it is at all a flyable strip. please post a status for anyone who goes down.

winds >20km/h, 65% chance of more rain.

Thread Closed