Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Hi all.
I go a good weekend to be working then.
I'm currently waiting north of Melbourne to go on the Spirit of Tasmania. No parking in Port Melbourne.
3 to 4 metre seas and 2 hours late. It will be a interesting night. I've already eaten so hopefully it will stay down.
Light winds for the Wednesday flying group and indoor that night.
Srl

Looks like a fun night on the high seas, Srl lol

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Hello All, considering that ANZAC Day falls on a Wednesday this year, out of respect to past and present serving members of Australia's Military, I suggest that there should be no flying on Wednesday until after 12pm Midday, if you intend on going down there that is.

Lest we Forget

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Will be flying tomorrow if its dry. I called in during the week and Mccoy park is looking great and better than ever after being cut by council.

srl

(27-04-2018, 08:14 PM)srl Wrote:  Will be flying tomorrow if its dry. I called in during the week and Mccoy park is looking great and better than ever after being cut by council.

srl

Sweet. I’ll be down mid morning.

I may be down for a quick flight or 2 but then off to a 1 yo Birthday party

The showers have stopped and batteries are charging, will be down at 11.30.

srl

Looks like a nice morning. Anyone flying?

I'll be heading out shortly.

(29-04-2018, 12:24 PM)Busboy Wrote:  I'll be heading out shortly.

I dropped by about 1:45 on my way home, gate was shut so I kept on going.

I seemed to have missed you yesterday also, munched a bunch of packs from about 11-2 with Stephen though. Good fun, go crashes. Thumbup

(29-04-2018, 10:32 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  
(29-04-2018, 12:24 PM)Busboy Wrote:  I'll be heading out shortly.

I dropped by about 1:45 on my way home, gate was shut so I kept on going.

I seemed to have missed you yesterday also, munched a bunch of packs from about 11-2 with Stephen though. Good fun, go crashes. Thumbup

Sorry that I didn't get down yesterday and today. Tried my best but Murphy's Law had other ideas for me, but definately next weekend, for sure....

I plan to make it Sunday morning for a quick round.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Anyone planning on heading down in the morning?

I'll be there in the morning

I'll be down maybe around 10 (after a sleepin!)

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Best flying weather I have seen in years today. I got 27-minutes and 47-seconds on a single charge (resting 3.8v) out of my little flying wing. Pete gave some great flying instruction to one of our newest and youngest members. Absolutely sensational day!

Where were you Dirk? Did I come too late, or did you just do a no show.

Todd, missed you too mate. Catch ya next weekend.

sorry, down with bad cold, had to bail out Frown

It’s going to be pretty windy Saturday & Sunday. Will give flying a miss this weekend.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Will try get down early before the wind

(11-05-2018, 11:11 PM)robbo Wrote:  Will try get down early before the wind

I’d be happy to join you for an early morning flight, but it is raining here now so not so sure what it will be like in the morning. If it’s not too bad by the morning and you are keen, call to wake me and I’ll aim to get there at around 8am.

Already wind and rain... wil wait and tomorrow better

(12-05-2018, 08:05 AM)robbo Wrote:  Already wind and rain... wil wait and tomorrow better

It was wet this morning, but the air was pretty still around 9am. I’m thinkin’ if it ain’t rainin’ tomorrow i’ll be headin’ down for an early flight.

Looks like the wind might finally ease tomorrow, and the forecast is looking good also. I might try to get down to the field for an early pack or two.

Perfect weather conditions forecast for tomorrow Saturday and McCoy field has never been better.
Will be down about 11am.

srl

(25-05-2018, 12:26 PM)srl Wrote:  Perfect weather conditions forecast for tomorrow Saturday and McCoy field has never been better.
Will be down about 11am.

srl

I will be out there Sunday morning with my new Parrot Disco.....$486 from Officeworks

(25-05-2018, 01:08 PM)Rossy Wrote:  
(25-05-2018, 12:26 PM)srl Wrote:  Perfect weather conditions forecast for tomorrow Saturday and McCoy field has never been better.
Will be down about 11am.

srl

I will be out there Sunday morning with my new Parrot Disco.....$486 from Officeworks

Fantastic value for what you get. Plenty of scope for mods and improvements. I worry about the availability and cost of spares. BTW - Further to discussion at the field the other day, the pitot tube is apparently integrated into the on/off switch.

Ill be down at the field in the morning.

Today was soooooo much fun!!!

(27-05-2018, 04:18 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  Today was soooooo much fun!!!

Well lets move to the "flying this week thread" for during the week.
More light winds but also rain forecast.

srl

Hi Rossy,

How did you go with the Parrot Disco ? Very tempted at the $ they go for now. Review post, please ?

Thread Closed