Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average

Archive: Flying this Weekend...

Hey Chris,

Can you please post a report on the field condition ? Was there much rain there today ? I can see that there is rain forecast for this afternoon.... Frown

Hoping to get out there tomorrow morning...

thanks,
james

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

There was a light drizzle this morning. Field is dry and very flyable, although damn hot down there.

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Tomm its gonna b very hot....

I'm going down early (8.30) but might only spend an hour or so there.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Hey Chris,

What a great morning Sunday (Feb 5th) turned out to be. It started off a little windy, but by 9.30am it was very still. We all had a great fly.

I realise that it is only Tuesday, but looking at the rain forecast, I am assuming that the field will be under water this weekend.

I always live in hope that our little airstrip is somehow shielded from the rain.....

I'll check the forecast closer to the weekend....

(07-02-2017, 01:58 PM)eaglej Wrote:  Hey Chris,

What a great morning Sunday (Feb 5th) turned out to be. It started off a little windy, but by 9.30am it was very still. We all had a great fly.

I realise that it is only Tuesday, but looking at the rain forecast, I am assuming that the field will be under water this weekend.

I always live in hope that our little airstrip is somehow shielded from the rain.....

I'll check the forecast closer to the weekend....

Forecast for the weekend is hot, very hot. Hopefully the field will dry out on Thursday/Friday enough to fly on the weekend. I will check it out on Friday and post a report.

I went down today, the field is dry and flyable..great job with mowing.

Thanks guys.

Probably a bit late to head down now ?
Ah well, maybe next week.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Calling all members - Please peruse (this) thread.

[Image: InternalM.jpg]

I do not have permission to access this page Frown

(21-02-2017, 11:57 PM)Rossy Wrote:  I do not have permission to access this page Frown

Hi Andrew,

If you are currently a paid up member then ask Robbo to upgrade your login to club member so you can access the club members only forum.

I only just discovered the existence of a club members only forum earlier today myself, so it appears there may be a few of us who need to be added.

regards,

j.

(22-02-2017, 12:41 AM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  
(21-02-2017, 11:57 PM)Rossy Wrote:  I do not have permission to access this page Frown

Hi Andrew,

If you are currently a paid up member then ask Robbo to upgrade your login to club member so you can access the club members only forum.

I only just discovered the existence of a club members only forum earlier today myself, so it appears there may be a few of us who need to be added.

regards,

j.

I have requested you added Andrew, and we are checking other members against the paid-up list. Please wait 48hrs for our webmaster to reconcile and action amendments. If you dont see the 'Club members Only' Forum in the list of forums after that time, please PM me, or the secretary Chris Mc.

No doubt you all would have heard the rain last night. Visited the field this morning and you might have seen the result on FB, my pic says it all !!!

I would suggest there will be no flying for the rest of the week.

Definitely no "Drive Ins". Rain predicted every day next week. Will reassess on Friday.

Evening All,

Anyone stopped by our poor field today ? I'd be interested to see a photo of the water levels. There have been some heavy falls this afternoon....

I'll be going down tomorrow morning to take pics but don't expect any flying till maybe next weekend. I will post the pics on FB.

Hi Chris. Made I wouldn’t even bother with had rain I couldn’t believe in Toongabbie at times it sounds like our freight train coming through especially today.

It gets me out of the house lol

In the process of discharging my batteries tht were charged from last week

I think we should all buy some RC boats for weekends like this...

Choose your favourite RC boat... heres mine - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ntn-600-brus...drive.html

I wish I was in Avalon with Kieran this weekend Frown

I'll be there Saturday morning, will post field condition when I get there

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

Weather is looking good for the weekend. Light winds early, no rain. Hopefully the field is in good condition.
I will be there early.

Just got back from 5 walk in flights, great weather !
But no wind means no quick drying.
The strip is waterlogged but usable. Be ready to clean under your aircraft when you get home.
Higher carpark of course is mostly fine. The strip markers may have to be used for one area that is always bad.
It can only get better, the weather is just too good.
Will be down at 11.

srl

Hi Andrew,

regards,

j.
Still no joy, I cannot even message Robbo as I don't have permission

(12-04-2017, 12:39 PM)Rossy Wrote:  

Hi Andrew,

regards,

j.

Can a Committee Member please confirm if Andrew is a member?

(12-04-2017, 12:56 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017, 12:39 PM)Rossy Wrote:  

Hi Andrew,

regards,

j.

Can a Committee Member please confirm if Andrew is a member?

Yes please add Andrew.

Just got back from flying three batteries. The wind was nearly gone and Pete has the main strip like a bowling green.
It was fantastic. So get into in on the weekend !

srl

Great day today... fantastic weather... still bit of water on strip edge... but didnt stop my fun!! Finally getting the hang of FPV quad'ing!!

Regardless of how nice the weather is, how gentle the wind and how good the strip is, we only manage to get the same 5-6 members out on a regular basis.

Begs the questions......where is everyone????????????

Okay now, Who angered the gods in approach of the long weekend ?

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

They finally realized that I'm on annual leave (3rd week out of three).
More often than not it rains when I take a week off. Maybe they only allocate a weeks rain for me and saved it for the end.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e
Thread Closed